Benefits of Eating Celery for Hypertensive Nephropathy Patients2014-02-07 07:40
What are the benefits of eating celery for hypertensive nephropathy patients? As we know, a kidney-friendly diet will do an important job in slowing the progression of kidney failure, so there is no exception for hypertensive patients. Hypertensive nephropathy is a kind of kidney disease which is mainly caused by long term unwell controlled high blood pressure. In order to reduce the kidney burden and protect the residual kidney function, patients with hypertensive nephropathy need to pay attention to whatever they eat.
Celery is a common vegetable which can be seen all over the world, and it is rich in fiber, nutrients and other beneficial nutrition such as volatile oils, coumarins, linoleic acids and flavonoids. Besides, celery also has the function of clearing toxins from blood, and help people relieve their pain over the body. Celery has so many benefits for people, and it also has mant benefits for hypertensive nephropathy patients.
1. Help lower high blood pressure
As high blood pressure is the main cause of hypertensive nephropathy, so people should firmly control their blood pressure to prevent further damage to their kidneys. Because celery contains acid ingredient, which can help lower high blood pressure. In addition, celery can also help expand blood vessels and lower the high blood pressure.
2. Natural diuretics to eliminate swelling
For hypertensive nephropathy patients, because of the kidney damage, the excess fluid cant be removed from body, which will cause severe swelling in body. Celery can be regarded as a natural diuretic, and help increase the urine output, which can help relieve the symptom of swelling.
3. Help improve digestion
Hypertensive nephropathy patients may often have the symptoms of nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and some other gastrointestinal discomforts. Celery contains high fiber which can help improve digestion and make patients much better.
Above are the benefits of eating celery for hypertensive nephropathy patients, and they can eat celery by cooking it or drink celery juice. However, because the illness condition is different from case to case, so patients should take proper amount of celery depending on their illness condition.
- Tag: Hypertensive Nephropathy Diet
- Pre: What Is the Diet Recommended for Hypertensive Renal Disease
- Next: Diet for Patient with Hypertensive Nephropathy
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Causes
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Symptoms
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Treatment
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Diet
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis