Eat Less Meat If You are Living with IgA Nephropathy2013-12-11 09:12
Vegetarian diet is particularly helpful for IgA Nephropathy patients, as it can help to slow down illness progression effectively. Here, we will explain why we need to eat less meat if we are living with IgA Nephropathy. Hope it is helpful for you to arrange a beneficial recipe.
IgA Nephropathy is a kidney problem in which kidney function keeps decreasing due to kidney damages caused by inflammation in mesangial area. We know kidneys work through a group of kidney intrinsic cells, so when more and more kidney tissues stop working, kidney function keeps decreasing. Vegetarian diet is highly recommended for IgA Nephropathy due to:
1. High levels of bad fatty acid in meat
A substance called arachidonic acid is derived almost entirely from meat and dairy products. There are two types of fatty acid in medicine: the bad one and the good one. Bad fatty acid can increase the inflammatory response, which will cause further damages on kidney and thus accelerates IgA Nephropathy.
2. Thromboxae -the product of arachidonic acid metabolism
One of the products of arachidonic acid metabolism is thromboxae which plays a role in the formation of glomerulosclerosis or the scarring of the glomeruli.
For the above two reasons, IgA Nephropathy patients need to follow a vegetarian diet or try to eat less meat, so as to receive good effects in the tight control of their kidney problem.
In daily life, IgA Nephropathy patients should stay far away from meat, but they can supplement the diet with fish oil which has been widely used to treat IgA Nephropathy and help form anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Besides it, some other common sources for good fatty acid includes flaxseed oil, canola oil and evening primrose oil and so on.
- Tag: IgA Nephropathy Diet
- Pre: Should I Follow a Particular Diet with My IgA Nephropathy
- Next: Can IgA Nephropathy Patients Eat Oranges
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- IgA Nephropathy Diagnosis
- IgA Nephropathy Causes
- IgA Nephropathy Symptoms
- IgA Nephropathy Treatment
- IgA Nephropathy Diet
- IgA Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis