How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes2014-08-10 06:59
How much fluid should patients with Stage 4 Kidney Failure and Diabetes take? In response to this frequently asked question, we offer detailed analysis as below. Read on or chat with our online doctor for free advice.
How much fluid should patients with Stage 4 Kidney Failure and Diabetes take?
If patients start to retain fluid at this stage, they may need to restrict the amount of liquids they consume. Signs of fluid retention are swelling of the body (in the feet, hands, and face), sudden weight gain, difficulty breathing, elevated blood pressure. These symptoms may indicate decreased urine output as renal function declines.
The most suitable fluid intake should only be given after analyzing your detailed disease condition. Want to get an exact answer? Please Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with more of your illness situation. Our kidney doctors will make a comprehensive analysis and reply you promptly within 24 hours.
More tips on diet for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
▪ Protein. A protein intake of 0.6 grams per kg of body weight may be beneficial when GFR drops below 25.
▪ Sodium. Most kidney diets start with a goal of 1,500-2,000 mg per day or the amount recommended by the dietitian.
▪ Potassium. If lab tests show serum potassium is too high, the doctor will prescribe a potassium limitation of 2,000-3,000 mg a day.
▪ Phosphorus. Based on the lab results, stage 4 CKD diet may include a phosphorus limitation of 800-1,000 mg daily.
Whenever you have any question about managing your Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes, please feel free to let us know. We are always here to help you. Thanks for your time. Have a good day!
- Tag: Kidney Failure Diet Diabetes and Stage 4 Kidney Failure
- Pre: Can Kidney Failure Patients Have Mushroom
- Next: Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What will Happen if Kidney Failure Patient Drinks too much Water
- Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
- Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis