Can Coconut Oil Be Used to Treat Kidney Failure2013-09-14 17:14
Referring to coconut oil, claims abound that coconut oil is a super food that can help prevent and treat various diseases, and some people also believe this kind of oil can also help treat kidney failure. Is this thought true? Can coconut oil be used to treat kidney failure?
What can kidney failure patients get from the consumption of coconut oil?
As the most nutrient dense part of the coconut, coconut oil is claimed to help with diabetes, cancer, kidney function, digestive disorders, immunity, weight loss, and vitamin absorption. For people with kidney failure, diabetes may be the primary causes, and the other disorders may be the complications of impaired kidney. Therefore, coconut oil can be used to ease patients’ symptoms and preserve their kidney function.
Does it mean these patients can use this oil without limitation?
Of course no. For kidney failure patients, their diet is usually very strict, because any mistake in their diet may worsen their illness condition or cause some problems. Therefore, even though coconut oil is good for kidney failure patients, they should also use it with doctor’s or dietitian’s guidance.
Aside from this, some other tips should also be noted
If you are suffering from kidney failure and however your healthy condition is, a scientific diet is very important and had better contain the following aspects:
- Eat correct amount of foods that can help improve kidney function: It is observed that some fruits and vegetables are able to help increase kidney function. Cranberry, blueberry, red bell pepper, cabbage, ect, are good choices.
- Manage the intake of sodium: For kidney failure patients, no more than 3g of salt one daily is suitable. Excess salt may cause or worsen fluid retention.
- Try high-quality protein: This kind of protein can not only meet patients’ daily need but also produce less waste to reduce the burden on kidneys.
- Avoid oxalic acid: Normally, oxalic acid won’t cause any problem, but it will increase the workload on kidney for kidney failure patients.
If you want to learn more about kidney-friendly diet for kidney failure, you can ask free help from our online doctor through the dialog box in the lower right corner.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Diet
- Pre: What Causes Kidney Failure
- Next: Can I Eat Egg with Stage 4 Kidney Failure
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What will Happen if Kidney Failure Patient Drinks too much Water
- Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
- Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis