Can I Eat Egg with Stage 4 Kidney Failure
Most of us know that eggs contain large amount of protein and are full of nutriments. Can stage 4 CKD patients eat eggs? Generally speaking, patients of CKD can eat eggs, but only to proper amount of egg white. If your have special diets, you’d better ask your doctor wether you can eat egg white or not.
Experts of kidney disease point out that patients with CKD had better not eat eggs, if it is necessary, eat egg white instead.
Why can stage 4 kidney failure patients eat egg white?
Egg white contains large amount of high quality protein, and this is what stage 4 patients need. Because many CKD stage 4 patients have proteinuria, they leak out lots of protein and in order to keep the health condition well, they need certain amount of high quality protein. This kind of high quality protein produces less wastes than other protein and hence can lighten the burden of kidney. For stage 4 kidney failure patients, 0.4 grams of protein will be needed everyday and 0.2 grams of protein is needed for people whose kidney failure has run to end stage. Every 50g egg white contains 0.5g protein, so it is enough to intake protein from egg white.
Why cannot stage 4 kidney failure patients eat egg yolk?
The kidneys of patients who are in stage 4 are damaged and have trouble in regulating the micro-elements like phosphorus, potassium and sodium in the body. There are rich phosphatidylcholine in egg yolk and these phosphatidylcholine will be resolved into phosphorus. Large amount of phosphorous will affect the absorption of calcium and thus causes lots of bone problems like bone pain, bone fracture and osteoporosis. It may also cause other severe complications, such as itching. So if you are a CKD patient or your kidney is not functioning well, do not eat too many eggs, eat what your doctor recommends or ask our free online-doctor. Only when you pay more attention to your diet and have treatment at the same time, can you have more chance to live a better life.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Diet
- Previous：Can Coconut Oil Be Used to Treat Kidney Failure
- Next：What Is the Diet Plan for Kidney Failure
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What will Happen if Kidney Failure Patient Drinks too much Water
- Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
- Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- Can Dialysis Help Patient Get Out of Kidney Failure
- Are there Any Other Treatment for FSGS Patients to Prolong Their Lifespan
- Creatinine 3.6 and BUN 7.2 Means What in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Can Cozaar Cause Chronic Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure with 80% Kidneys Damaged Is there any Way to Prevent Further Damage
- How to Lower the High Creatinine Level after Dialysis