How Long Can A Person Live Without Dialysis at End Stage Kidney Failure
At end stage kidney failure, the deposits of uremic toxins and severe complications usually drive patients to begin dialysis for sustaining their life. In fact, there are still some patients with ESRD to live by their own kidneys. If you are one among them, you may want to know how long a person can live without dialysis at end stage kidney failure.
At what conditions ESRD patients can live without dialysis safely?
Generally speaking, glomerular filtration rate (GFR) or kidney function level is the most reliable indicator for the time to start dialysis, but it isn’t the only indicator. If patients don’t have severe complications such as hyperkalemia and hyperuricemia and their kidneys can still produce enough urine, dialysis may not be recommended.
In this case, patients with end stage kidney failure can still live with their own kidneys safely. Of course, some treatments are needed to protect remaining kidney function, and it is the best to reverse damaged kidney functioning cells. As long as kidneys can work relatively properly, these patients can live without dialysis for a long time.
At what conditions it is dangerous for ESRD patients to live without dialysis?
If these patients have the following symptoms or problems, the answer of today’s question is quite bad.
- Creatinine level is higher than 8.0mg/dl or BUN is higher than 28.6mmol/l
- Hyperkalemia. Potassium level is above 6.5mmol/l
- Metabolic acidosis companying with poor appetite, nausea and vomiting
- Chronic congestive heart failure
- Restless leg syndrome
- Severe swelling in legs, hands, feet, eyelids, etc.
The above symptoms may be life-threatening if left untreated. Dialysis is one treatment that can remove small molecular substances such as creatinine, urea and water from the body. Therefore, it is honored as life-sustaining therapy for end stage kidney failure patients. In these conditions, death may come in several months or even several weeks.
Since the answer changes from person to person. If you hope to live without dialysis, you can consult the online doctor to see what treatments can help you survive it as long as possible. Leaving a message below is also OK.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Prognosis
- Previous：What Is the Prognosis with 20% kidney function
- Next：How Serious Is High Creatinine 5.6 After Kidney Transplant
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Is Creatinine of 11 in Kidney Failure without Dialysis Dangerous
- Is Diabetes & Stage 5 Kidney Failure Reversible without Dialysis
- Life Expectancy of Creatinine 6.2 in Kidney Failure without Dialysis
- Average Life Expectancy with PKD and Kidney Failure Age 62
- Treatment for Improving Prognosis for Stage 5 Kidney Failure
- IgAN and 4.53 Creatinine Can I Recover with Micro-Chinese Medicine
- PKD & 19 Percent Kidney Function Chinese Herb Medicine No Dialysis
- Chinese Treatment to Rid Toxins before Dialysis Hookup Services
- Creatinine Level of 9.0 without Dialysis How Long to Live
- Life Span of 57 Years Old with CKD Stage 4 and Diabetes
- Kidney Function at 11% in ESRD: Is Dialysis a Cure
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis