Two Kinds Of Medicines Delay The Deterioration Of Renal FunctionThis article was provided by doctor zhengfalei 2019-04-14 09:54
In the treatment of nephropathy, there are two kinds of drugs for the treatment of diseases, but they do not write "the treatment of chronic nephritis, reducing urinary protein, protecting kidney" and other effects. However, they are very effective in the treatment of kidney diseases.
1. Statins: Delaying the Deterioration of Renal Function
Statins (such as simvastatin, rosuvastatin and atorvastatin) are the cornerstone drugs for regulating blood lipids and preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Cardiovascular disease is a common complication in the late stage of nephropathy. It is also a kind of disease whose fatality rate is higher than uremia. It is a nightmare of many patients with nephropathy.
Hypercholesterolemia (long-term elevation of serum cholesterol can lead to atherosclerosis) and hypertriglyceridemia are also independent risk factors for the progression of kidney disease. Statins can stabilize plaque, improve heart function and renal flow, reduce the incidence of cardiovascular diseases in patients with nephropathy, delay the deterioration of renal function and the arrival of uremia.
2. Active Vitamin D-Protecting Kidney in Many Aspects
As far as active vitamin D is concerned, it is widely known that it can regulate the disorder of calcium and phosphorus metabolism and improve bone metabolism. With the in-depth study of active vitamin D, its protective effect on kidney is gradually known.
Most patients with chronic kidney disease are deficient in vitamin D, which is closely related to the loss of urinary protein (especially kidney syndrome), chronic inflammation of kidney, diabetes, obesity and dialysis time.
A large number of animal and in vitro experiments have confirmed that the protective effect of active vitamin D on the kidney of patients with chronic kidney disease is manifested in many aspects:
1. Inhibiting the activity of RAS (excessive activity of RAS is one of the important causes of kidney injury).
2. Reducing inflammation;
3. Inhibiting apoptosis of podocytes (podocytes are the main components of glomerular filtration membranes, whose function is abnormal, leading to the occurrence and progress of proteinuria);
4. Inhibiting the proliferation of mesangial cells (an independent risk factor for glomerulosclerosis);
5. Inhibiting tubulointerstitial fibrosis.
Active vitamin D is a new treatment for chronic kidney disease, but more clinical studies are needed to confirm it.
Reference: 《The Role of Active Vitamin D in Chronic Kidney Disease》.
- Tag: Renal Function Medicines Deterioration Of Renal Function
- Pre: How To Avoid Renal Failure In Home Remedies
- Next: Can Conservative Treatments Help Kidney Failure Avoid Dialysis