How to Lower High Potassium Level 5.6 for Kidney Disease Patients
How to lower high potassium level 5.6 for kidney disease patients? This is a question we received from one of our kidney disease patients. For kidney disease patients, high potassium level is a common symptom for them. And high potassium level has mang bad effects on patients, so they should have effective treatment to lower their high potassium level.
Why kidney failure patents have high creatinine level?
As we know, kidneys have the function of filtering wasted and toxins in blood, and they can also keep the balance of the electrolyte. With a normal kidney function, the amounts of elements in blood will keep in a normal range, and normal blood potassium level range is 3.5-5.2 mmol/L. Once the kidneys are damaged, kidney function will be reduced and they cant filter out the excess elements in body, which will cause electrolyte disturbance. Then high potassium level will be a common symptom for kidney disease patients.
What are the bad effects of high potassium level for kidney disease patents?
When the potassium level is not so high, people may have no symptoms with high potassium level, but with the gradually increased potassium level, patients may suffer from more and more serious symptoms, such as chang in breath, disruptions to heart muscle, and may also cause serious heart problem or even death.
How to lower high potassium level 5.6 for kidney disease patients?
1. Avoid high potassium foods.
Patients should avoid high potassium foods in order to cut off the external potassium resource intake, then the potassium level in blood will not increase.
2. Take some diuretics which can lower the high potassium
Here are some common diuretics which can also excrete the potassium out, such as Hydrochlorothiazide, furosemidum and ethacrynic acid, which will help lower the high potassium level.
3. Remedy the kidney damage
As we know, the basic cause of high potassium level in kidney disease patients is the kidney damage, so they should have treatment to remedy their kidney damage and improve their kidney function, which will lower their high potassium level.
If you want to get the detailed treatments of remedy kidney disease to lower high potassium level, you can send your test report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Treatment
- Previous：Treatment for Hyperlipidemia in CRF
- Next：How to Lower High Potassium and High Phosphorus Levels for ESRD Patients
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How Can A Dialysis Patient Make His Kidney Work Again
- How Can Chinese Medicine Treat Stage 3 Kidney Disease
- Is there Any Way to Bring Down the High Creatinine Level in Diabetic Nephropathy
- What Percent of Kidney Function do Nephrotic Syndrome Patients Need to Do Dialysis
- Kidney Disease Patient with Stone in Kidney Should I Worry About It
- Is there Any Chance to Reverse the Shrunk Kidney after Dialysis