Meal Plans for Nephrotic Syndrome2013-10-24 15:53
Proper meal plans can slow the progression to kidney failure, so choose what to eat is very important for kidney disease patients. Here is a meal plan for Nephrotic Syndrome.
Because patients with Nephrotic Syndrome have the symptom of heavy proteinuria and low hypoproteinemia, it is necessary to consume proper protein to supply the lost protein, but it should not be too much. Besides, patients are suggested to take high quality protein food, which has few metabolites, such as:
- Egg white
- Lean meat
Because patients with Nephrotic Syndrome have the symptom of edema, it is necessary to eat some low sodium diet to get rid of heavily edema. The foods should be avoided:
Condiments (such as ketchup, barbecue sauce, steak sauce, etc)
- Processed meat products
- Snack foods
- Canned soups
- Canned vegetables
Fat or cholesterol intake
Because patients with Nephrotic Syndrome have the symptom of hyperlipidemia, it is necessary to control the intake of fat or cholesterol. Therefore, the following foods should be avoided:
Fried foods such as French fries, cookies and crackers
Processed meat such as sausages and lamb
Fast foods that include cheese hamburger
Seafood such as lobsters and oil packed fish
Dairy products like ice-cream, cheese, margarine and butter
However, you can choose some foods that contain rich omega-3 fatty acids, such as:
- Canola oil
- Olive oil
- Soy nuts
An example diet for Nephrotic Syndrome( For a patient of 50kg)
At breakfast, you can eat an egg whites, a bag of milk, 50g flour, 15g white sugar and 200g apple.
At lunch, you can eat 50g lean meat, 200g cabbage, 50g pakchoi, 25g pancit canton, 100g flour and 200g pear.
At supper, you can eat 100g rice, 75g lean meat, 250g white gourd, 25g pancit canton and 200g apple.
Because everyone has different tastes and illness conditions, this remedy is not suitable for all. You can make appropriate adjustments according to your own situation. What to eat and how much you can eat, you had better consult nutritionist to make a specific dietary.
- Tag: Nephrotic Syndrome Diet
- Pre: What Is the Diet for Children with Nephrotic Syndrome
- Next: How Much Protein Is Needed by Nephrotic Syndrome Patients
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Nephrotic Syndrome Diagnosis
- Nephrotic Syndrome Causes
- Nephrotic Syndrome Symptoms
- Nephrotic Syndrome Treatment
- Nephrotic Syndrome Diet
- Nephrotic Syndrome Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis