What are the Usual Recommendations for Nephrotic Syndrome Patient2015-02-13 14:39
What are the usual recommendations for Nephrotic Syndrome patient ? Nephrotic Syndrome is hard to cure and easy to relapse, so as a patient with this disease they should pay high attention to every aspect of their life.
Fluid and nutrition
Creating a negative sodium balance will help reduce edema, presumably as the underlying illness is treated or as renal inflammation slowly resolves. Patients should limit their sodium intake to 3 g per day, and may need to restrict fluid intake (to less than approximately 1.5 L per day).
Diuretics are the mainstay of medical management; however, there is no evidence to guide drug selection or dosage. Based on expert opinion, diuresis should aim for a target weight loss of 1 to 2 lb (0.5 to 1 kg) per day3 to avoid acute renal failure or electrolyte disorders.
Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors have been shown to reduce proteinuria and reduce the risk of progression to renal disease in persons with nephrotic syndrome.
Intravenous albumin has been proposed to aid diuresis, because edema may be caused by hypoalbuminemia and resulting oncotic pressures. However, there is no evidence to indicate benefit from treatment with albumin,18 and adverse effects, such as hypertension or pulmonary edema, as well as high cost, limit its use.
Except the above aspect, people with Nephrotic Syndrome also should make a fir diet and form a healthy living habit under the construction of their doctor.
If you have other questions or need any help in treating Nephrotic Syndrome, you can contact our online doctor directly or send email to us, we will try our best to help you. Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Nephrotic Syndrome Treatment Nephrotic Syndrome Usual Recommendations for Nephrotic Syndrome Patient
- Pre: How to Prevent Nephrotic Syndrome from Frequent Relapse
- Next: What are the Side Effects of Chinese Medicine in Treating Nephrotic Syndrome
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Nephrotic Syndrome Diagnosis
- Nephrotic Syndrome Causes
- Nephrotic Syndrome Symptoms
- Nephrotic Syndrome Treatment
- Nephrotic Syndrome Diet
- Nephrotic Syndrome Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis