Is Orange Good for Polycystic Kidney Disease Patients2014-01-16 03:44
Is orange good for polycystic kidney disease patients? For PKD patients, because of their kidney damage, they need to follow a kidney-friendly diet, which will help them reduce their kidney burden and protect the residual kidney function. So they should know exactly what to eat and what not to eat.
Orange is a common fruit among people, and it is liked by people with its delicious taste. With rich nutrition, orange can help regulate the overall health. Besides, it also has some benefits for polycystic kidney disease patients.
- Prevent and help lower high blood pressure
For PKD patients, they often have the symptom of high blood pressure, which will cause further damage to the kidneys, so they should firmly control their high blood pressure. Orange contains hesperidin which can help strengthen the toughness of blood vessels and extend blood vessels, so kidney patients can eat some oranges to lower their high blood pressure.
- Supply enough vitamin C
Vitamin C is an important nutrient for people, and it can help protect the kidney function and increase the kidney filtering rate. So PKD patients can take oranges in their daily life, which can help improve their immunity and protect the kidney function.
- Improve appetite
Because of the kidney damage, the kidney function will be reduced, and the wastes and toxins will not be discharged promptly, which will cause the bad substances build up in blood. And patients will suffer from some serious symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite. Orange has the function of improving the appetite for PKD patients.
- Help ease fatigue
For PKD patients, they will easily get fatigue because of their reduced kidney function. The citric acid in orange can help PKD patients to relieve their fatigue.
Above are the common benefits for PKD patients to eat oranges, however, not all the PKD patients can eat it. As the oranges are also rich in potassium, so for PKD patients who have high potassium, they will not recommend to eat oranges. PKD patients should eat what they want to eat depending on their illness in order to slow down the progression of kidney failure. If you want to get a detailed diet plan, you can send your test report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tag: PKD Diet
- Pre: Suggested Diet for Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Next: Healthy Benefits of Vinegar in Polycystic Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis