Is Cranberry Juice Helpful for the Treatment of PKD2013-12-24 12:00
Is cranberry juice helpful for the treatment of polycystic kidney disease? As we know, cranberry juice is popular for people when they celebrate their holidays, and it can be drunk all year around. However, can PKF patients drink cranberry juice? The answer is yes, because drinking cranberry have so many benefits for PKD patients.
1. Cranberry juice can help PKD patients prevent infections
As we know, PKD patients can easily get urinary tract infections because of the enlarged kidney cysts or cyst rupture. If the infections cant be controlled effectively, the infections can spread to surrounding organs or cause some other severer complications. Cranberry juice contains proanthocyanidins, which can help prevent the bacteria invading the walls of uterus and bladders. So cranberry juice can help PKD patients to prevent and remedy the infections in urinary tract.
2. Cranberry juice can help PKD patients prevent the formation of kidney stones
Kidney stone is another complication for PKD patients, and the formation of kidney stones will cause some bad effects for patients, such as painful and difficult urination, blood urine and kidney damage. The special substance in cranberry juice, which is called quinic acid, can prevent the combination of calcium and phosphate ions, which are the main causes of kidney stones in PKD patients.
3. Some other benefits for PKD patients to drink cranberry juice
Here are also some other benefits for PKD patients to drink cranberry juice, such as preventing heart disease, improving immune system, improving mental health and anti-aging properties. All these will help patients to improve their illness condition.
Although drinking cranberry juice has so many benefits for PKD patients, they should also take proper amount depending on their condition. Because too much drinking will cause swelling and high blood pressure for PKD patients. For PKD patients, they should have effective treatments to repair their kidney damage, which can improve their kidney their kidney function from root, then they can control their symptoms and complications. If you want to get more detailed information about treatment for PKD patients, you can send your test report to email@example.com, we will give you a reply as soon as possible.
- Tag: PKD Diet
- Pre: Can PKD Patients Eat Eggs with Kidney Stones
- Next: Suggested Diet for Polycystic Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis