The Relationship Between Kidney Failure and Protein in Urine2016-07-03 18:08
Almost all the kidney failure patients will experience protein loss in urine and protein loss in urine as one of the clinical manifestations of kidney failure it also will worsen the disease, so as a kidney failure patient you should pay high attention to this symptoms.
Why kidney failure can cause protein loss in urine?
For kidney failure patients, protein loss can be caused by:
1. Damaged glomerular filtration membrane
When glomerular filtration membrane is damaged, some protein pass through it easily. Although renal tubule can help to reabsorb some of them, when the amount of protein is beyond the reabsorbing ability of renal tubule, they get out of our body with urine.
2. Damaged renal tubule
Glomerular filtration membrane can not help us preserve all the protein, which means some protein still can pass through filtration membrane in normal cases. These protein are finally reabsorbed by renal tubule; however, when function of renal tubule is affected, these protein will leak out with urine and thus form proteinuria.
How to treat protein loss in urine caused by kidney failure?
Good management of protein loss in urine helps kidney failure patients to delay the disease progressed into Uremia and improve prognosis. To remit protein loss effectively, kidney failure patients need to:
1. Limit protein intake and try to ingest some high quality protein like fish, lean meat and egg white.
2. Having tight control about kidney failure symptoms, as these symptoms may cause further kidney damages.
3. Repair kidney damages to improve kidney function. As long as kidney function is improved, protein loss will be remitted at the same time.
If you want to control kidney failure and protein urine in it well, you can send email to us, we will try our best to help you.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Proteinuria Protein in urine
- Pre: What are the Causes of Proteinuria in Kidney Disease and How to Treat It
- Next: How to Treat Proteinuria in Chronic Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis