How to Distinguish Purpura Nephritis from IgA Nephropathy2013-09-06 19:13
There are lot of similar symptoms between IgA nephropathy and Purpura Nephritis. So, they are thought as the two different presents of a same disease.It is difficult to distinguish them just basing on the changes of renal pathology and immune pathology. So, patients with purpura nephritis may have the question: how can we distinguish Purpura Nephritis from IgA nephropathy?
There are some differences in somewhere, which can be used to distinguish them.
· IgA nephropathy only cause damages in kidneys, and its symptom is mainly gross hematuria, but Purpura Nephritis can make many systems damaged. For example, patients with purpura nephritis often have rash, pain in joints, gastrointestinal system damages, but they are not easy to be seen in IgA nephropathy patients.
·Purpura nephritis often occurs in children of five to fifteen years old, while most IgA nephropathy patients are adults.
·In the early stage of disease, purpura nephritis patients can have obvious symptoms of nephritis and nephropathy syndrome, while the clinical symptoms of IgA nephropathy patients often just have thin basement syndrome and asymptomatic proteinuria.
·The prognosis and clinical symptoms of Purpura Nephritis often have compact relations with the histologic changes of kidney. But the clinical symptoms of IgA are often different from the pathologic changes of kidney.
·The infiltration degree of monocytes and macrophage, which are the components of nephron, is related with the occurrence of protein urine, while purpura nephritis doesn’t have this relationship.
·For purpura nephritis, the infiltration of monocytes can have obvious relief in its stable stage, but this condition will stay the same to IgA nephropathy.
·In most opinions, Purpura Nephritis belongs to a acute self-limited disease, while IgA Nephropathy is thought to be a kind of chronic progressive disease. The therapies and prognosises of the two diseases have great differences.
These above are about some differences between IgA Nephropathy and Purpura Nephritis, which can help patients have a better understanding about the two diseases. Certainly, the article is not complete enough and different patients have different conditions. So, if you need any help, please contact us, and we are willing to help you solve your problems.
- Pre: None
- Next: How to Diagnose Purpura Nephritis
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Purpura Nephritis Diagnosis
- Purpura Nephritis Basic
- Purpura Nephritis Symptoms
- Purpura Nephritis Treatment
- Purpura Nephritis Diet
- Purpura Nephritis Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis