What Are the Symptoms of CKD Stage 32013-09-13 15:13
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a progressive loss in renal function over a period of months or years and generally speaking, symptoms begin to occur when illness develops to stage 3 which is marked by GFR (30-59 ml/min/1.73 m2). There are different types of CKD in medicine and due to the difference of causes or pathological changes, CKD stage 3 patients may experience different symptoms, but they generally have the following discomforts.
1. Fatigue or tiredness
Feeling tired is common for CKD stage 3 patients and this symptom is usually caused by anemia which is diagnosed when red blood cell account in urine is lower than the normal value.
2. Too much fluid
With CKD stage 3, patients may experience fluid retention around the eyelid, in the face or in limbs. In that cases, slat intake and fluid intake need to be limited strictly. Fluid retention is also commonly called swelling or edema.
3. Urine changes
Kidney is responsible for producing urine, so when kidney function is affected, various urine changes will occur. For CKD stage 3 patients, they may find their urine become foamy or red. Also, they may notice they urinate more or less after the diagnosis of kidney disease.
4. Back pain or kidney pain
Back pain or kidney pain is especially common among patients of Polycystic Kidney Disease which is also a kind of CKD. For Polycystic Kidney Disease patients, they may suffer from back pain due to different reasons like kidney infection, rupture of kidney cyst and kidney stone and so on. Learning how to manage back pain is especially beneficial for Polycystic Kidney Disease patients.
5. High blood pressure
High blood pressure is not a visible symptom for CKD stage 3 patients. But when blood pressure increases to an extremely high level, patients may feel dizziness, which can help to notice high blood pressure to some extend. Besides, to know whether someone has high blood pressure or not, measuring blood pressure frequently is the best method.
Lastly, tight control of these symptoms is very beneficial for CKD stage 3 patients, as it can help to slow down illness progression and reduce sufferings. Therefore, mastering the knowledge about how to bring these symptoms under control is very important for CKD stage 3 patients.
- Tag: CKD Symptoms
- Pre: Why Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease Feel tired
- Next: Causes and Treatment for Renal Edema in Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis