What Are the Symptoms Of Diabetic Nephropathy2013-08-30 18:49
Diabetic nephropathy is a kidney damage caused by diabetes. It causes no obvious symptoms of discomforts in early stage, so it is ignored easily. Without effective treatment, illness progresses and it will finally develop to kidney failure. At that time, lots of symptoms will be caused. The followings are the possible symptoms that Diabetic Nephropathy may experience.
* Edema or swelling: patients with diabetic nephropathy may have swelling around the eyes in the mornings. With no effective management, swelling may spread to the whole body. With edema, patients need to limit salt intake and fluid intake.
* Foamy urine or bubbly urine: Diabetic Nephropathy patients may find there are lots of foams or bubbles in their urine which exist for a very long time. In Diabetic Nephropathy, foamy urine or bubbly urine occur due to severe loss of protein in urine. In such a condition, adjusting protein intake is necessary. How much protein is needed for a Diabetic Nephropathy depends on the specific illness condition.
* High blood pressure: Patients with diabetic nephropathy may also suffer from high blood pressure. Similar with high blood sugar, high blood pressure also increase kidney burden and worsen kidney condition. Therefore, a tight control of blood pressure is beneficial for Diabetic Nephropathy patients.
* Weight gain: In Diabetic Nephropathy, weight again usually occurs due to fluid retention.
* Itchy skin: Due to the damage of kidney, toxins build up in the body and electrolyte becomes imbalanced. All these abnormalities can cause itchy skin.
Apart from the above symptoms, there are some other discomforts such as poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, shortness of breath and so on. If you want to learn more about these symptoms, please contact us directly.
- Pre: None
- Next: Why Do Diabetics Have Foamy Urine
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Creatinine 5.8 in Diabetes Is It High
- How to Relieve Symptoms of Nausea and Vomiting in Diabetic Nephropathy
- What are the Causes and Treatment of Insomnia in Diabetic Nephropathy
- Protein in Urine Means What for Diabetic Nephropathy Patient
- Nausea in Diabetes and Kidney Disease What is the Reason and How to Treat It
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Diabetic Nephropathy Causes
- Diabetic Nephropathy Symptoms
- Diabetic Nephropathy Treatment
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diet
- Diabetic Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis