Why Is There Heavy Breath During Dialysis2013-10-02 13:56
Dialysis is usually used as a life-sustaining medical method for kidney failure patients. It is used to help prolong life span and increase life quality; however, some patients complain they have heavy breath during dialysis. What’s this all about?
Why is there heavy breath during dialysis?
Dialysis is a medical procedure in which blood is filtered outside patients’ body through a dialysis machine. It is helpful for kidney failure patients, but during this process, many side effects or discomforts can be caused by improper management or usage.
Heavy breath is complication of dialysis and for kidney failure patients are more likely to experience this symptom in the following several conditions:
1. Congestive heart failure
Dialysis patients run a very high risk for congestive heart failure which happens when kidneys can not adequately remove excessive body fluid. Dialysis can help to remove excess fluid in the body, but unfortunately, dialysis does not do as good as kidneys. In some cases, excessive fluid can not be removed completely, and in that condition, congestive heart failure occurs easily.
2. Allergic reaction to dialysate
Dialysis patients may suddenly have trouble breathing when dialysate is changed.
With different causes, dialysis patients need to take different measures to manage heavy breath. For instances, for dialysis patients who suffer from heavy breath due to severe fluid retention, they need to be very careful about their fluid intake and salt intake. Also, if allowed, some diuretics can be prescribed. Besides, due to the difference of illness condition, patients need to pay attention to different aspects. Here we offer free online service, you can describe your illness with our online doctors and I sure you will get useful and practical suggestions.
- Tag: Dialysis
- Pre: Once You Start Kidney Dialysis Can You Stop
- Next: How Long to Live after Stopping Dialysis
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How Many Times of Dialysis Should Kidney Failure Patient Take
- The Creatinine Level Stays at 8.5 After Dialysis How to Reduce It
- Is there Any Alternative Treatment of Dialysis
- If There Have Any Natural Medicine for Patients after Dialysis
- Can Dialysis Lower the Creatinine Level Thoroughly
- Treatment for Children Nephrotic Syndrome Other Than Steroid and Dialysis
- What Treatment Can Lower Creatinine 8.2 in Kidney Failure other than Dialysis
- The Transplanted Kidney Stop Working What should I Do
- How Can Hot Compress Therapy Protect the Transplanted Kidney
- Chinese Medicine for Reducing Creatinine 8.3 in Kidney Failure
- Kidney Disease with Excess Water: Is Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy Helpful for It