How to Treat Gout Caused by FSGS2016-10-19 13:31
Gout is a common symptoms for FSGS patients, and it can cause horrible pain in joints, which will make patients weaker and weaker.
How does FSGS cause gout?
As we know, kidneys have the function of filtering wastes and toxins in blood, which can keep the balance of the internal environment of body. However, once the kidneys are damaged, they will fail to work well. And the wastes will build up in body, such as creatinine, BUN and uric acids. The accumulation of uric acids in blood will cause gout, and some certain medications for FSGS such as diuretic will also cause the increase of uric acid levels, that will worsen gout.
How to treat the gout caused by FSGS?
Here are some common medications for FSGS patients to relieve their gout, such as prednisone, allopurinol and colchicine.
- Prednisone is used commonly in treating the gout for FSGS patients, and prednisone is often taken with food, which will prevent the stomach upset. It can also prevent the acute gout attack, but the long-term use of prednisone will case some side effects.
- Allopurinol is usually used to prevent the gout attacks, and help patients who experience gout frequently. And the allopurinol should be taken everyday, which can help reduce the uric acids in blood.
- Colchicine is often used when people experience gout attack in the first time, which is effective in relieving the gout. And the doctor will help patients to follow a certain dosage based on their kidney function and side effects.
Besides, FSGS patients with gout should also change their lifestyle, which can also help relieve their gout attack, such as:
- Moderate alcohol intake
- Low purine diet
- Drink more water
If you have other questions about the treatment of FSGS, you can send email to us, we will try our best to help you.
Our email: Kidneyemail@example.com
- Tag: FSGS Gout FSGS Symptoms
- Pre: Creatinine is 5.7 in FSGS Which Treatment should Be Taken
- Next: Is There Any Solution to Alleviate the Hematuria for FSGS Patients