What Is the Best Diet for IgA Nephropathy2013-09-14 17:10
What is the best diet for IgA Nephropathy? To be honest, no matter for IgA Nephropathy patients or other kinds of kidney disease patients, diet changes are necessary. Scientific diet helps to slow down illness progress and delay kidney failure. Whereas, improper diet worsen kidney condition and accelerates kidney problem to kidney failure. Well then, what is the best diet for IgA Nephropathy patients?
In medicine, diet changes for IgA Nephropathy are always based on the specific illness condition. Therefore, patients may need to make different adjustment on their daily foods. Besides, although different diet changes are required for IgA Nephropathy patients, these diet changes are generally included on the following principles:
1. Proper protein intake
Limiting protein intake is necessary for IgA Nephropathy patients when proteinuria occurs. However, due to the difference of illness condition, the intake of protein differs from case to case for IgA Nephropathy patients. You can consult our consultant online about the proper protein intake for you.
2. Low-salt diet
Patients need to follow a low-salt diet if their blood pressure is higher than the normal range or they have severe fluid retention. To achieve this goal, IgA Nephropathy patients need to stay far away from salted foods like pickles, pickled foods, various seasoning and processed foods and so on.
3. Limit fluid intake
Only IgA Nephropathy patients who have swelling or edema need to limit fluid intake.
4. Proper potassium intake and phosphorus intake
Just as we have mentioned above, IgA Nephropathy patients need to make diet changes according to their illness condition. Therefore, if their potassium level and phosphorus level in blood are higher than the reference value, they need to stay far away from high potassium foods and high phosphorus foods.
5. Avoid spicy foods and barbecue foods
This is the general introduction about diet for IgA Nephropathy. If there is anything unclear, please contact us directly. We are glad to help you solve your problems.
- Tag: IgA Nephropathy Diet
- Pre: Dietary tips for IgA Nephropathy
- Next: Can I Drink Beer with IgA Nephropathy
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- IgA Nephropathy Diagnosis
- IgA Nephropathy Causes
- IgA Nephropathy Symptoms
- IgA Nephropathy Treatment
- IgA Nephropathy Diet
- IgA Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis