Edema in Face, Legs and Hands for IgA Nephropathy2013-11-14 14:51
Edema, or swelling, is one typical symptom of kidney disease. Many IgA Nephropathy patients complain they find edema appears in their face, legs or hands. This is because there are excess water retaining in these organs.
How does IgA Nephropathy cause edema in face, legs and hands?
IgA Nephropathy is characterized by immunoglobulin A (IgA) settling in glomerular mesangial area to cause inflammation. When glomerular filtration barrier is damaged, less blood can be cleansed every minute and protein will leak from the kidney into urine.
With the decline of blood flow through kidneys, kidneys can’t filter out sodium and fluid effectively. Also, the permeability of blood capillaries throughout the body increases accordingly. Then, edema occurs in some regions for these two reasons.
Additionally, a large amount of protein lost in urine may be another reason if patients have obvious foamy urine, which is also commonly seen in IgA Nephropathy patients.
Relief for edema due to IgA Nephropathy
To relieve edema quickly, diuretic and steroids are often used. Diuretic can stimulate the kidney to form more urine, so as to eliminate more fluid and sodium. Steroids are usually taken to inhibit the reaction of IgA especially when patients have obvious proteinuria, because these medications have a quick and effective benefit of stopping protein from the kidney. (Send your medical case to email@example.com, so kidney experts here can suggest you some correct medications.)
After edema is controlled preliminary, some treatments to prevent the relapse of edema and treat IgA Nephropathy are needed. Only if glomeruli are back to normal can patients get rid of symptoms and discomforts radically. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, one osmosis therapy, can make the effective ingredients of medicines with repairing properties work in kidney area successfully. Usually, after about two or three weeks, edema can be eased largely and patients’ illness condition improves obviously. Consult the doctor to see whether you can be the candidate to this therapy.
- Tag: IgA Nephropathy Symptoms
- Pre: What Can Help Alleviate Pain in Lower Back for IgA Nephropathy Patients
- Next: IgA Nephropathy:Prevent Headaches and Itching Feelings
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- IgA Nephropathy with Gouty Arthritis Not Relieved by Paracetamol is Tramadol Safe
- Creatinine Level is 8.7 in IgAN How to Treat It without Dialysis
- Creatinine 4.8 in IgAN Should I Be Ready for Dialysis or Transplant
- Life Duration of Creatinine 8 on Dialysis Due to IgA Nephropathy
- IgA Nephropathy:Treat Flank Pain Naturally
- IgA Nephropathy Diagnosis
- IgA Nephropathy Causes
- IgA Nephropathy Symptoms
- IgA Nephropathy Treatment
- IgA Nephropathy Diet
- IgA Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis