Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient2014-10-17 13:57
It is known that people with kidney disease should control protein intake, but as one of the necessary nutritions of our body, people have to eat some of them. Are there some proteins better than others for Kidney Failure patient ?
If you’re the person who need to keep a low protein diet, your portions of protein containing foods will be smaller than usual. For the average size person, meat, poultry or fish is limited to about 4 to 6 ounces per day. To make sure you’re getting the right amount of protein for your condition, first speak with your renal dietitian to get specific guidelines regarding your protein intake, it will depend on your CKD stage, lab results, body size and other health conditions.
Are some proteins better than others?
Foods like Milk, yogurt, cheese, dried beans and peas, nuts and seeds, peanut butter and some soy products are high in protein and phosphorus, so you should not eat any of them. But without protein, our bodies would be unable to heal from injury, stop bleeding or fight infection. So eat foods with protein is very important to staying healthy. The average person needs between 40 to 65 grams of protein each day. So as a patient with Kidney Failure, you can choose some foods with quality-protein, such as fish, chicken breast, white egg, milk and lean meat, as well as low-fat dairy products to meet the demand of the body. High protein foods like fat meat, milk and yolk can be high in fat and cholesterol, so you’d better eat more heart-friendly proteins instead of them.
There are some proteins is better than others for Kidney Failure patient, if you don’t know clear about it, you can consult our online doctor or leave messages to us, we will provide free advices for you.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Kidney Failure Diet Proteins for Kidney Failure Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Pre: Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- Next: Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What will Happen if Kidney Failure Patient Drinks too much Water
- Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
- Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis