Foods to Avoid During Kidney Failure2013-10-13 10:19
What foods to avoid during kidney failure? Finding out this question will be beneficial for people with kidney failure or relatives suffering from this problem, as it allows them to arrange a scientific diet, which plays a part for the good recovery. Well, what foods we need to avoid once being diagnosed with kidney failure?
First of all, for kidney failure patients, almost all of them have symptom of proteinuria which refers to the presence of excess protein in urine. High protein intake will aggravate this symptom and thus worsen kidney condition. Therefore, if we are diagnosed with kidney failure, we need to regulate protein intake by eating less high protein foods like bean and bean products. Besides, dialysis help to purify blood, but at the same time, some protein will be brought away, so when we are on dialysis, we generally need to ingest much more protein. We can eat some high quality protein like lean meat, fish, egg white and milk which are beneficial for our health.
Second, it is beneficial for us to eat less salt in daily diet, as high-salt diet will aggravate high blood pressure and swelling which are the two symptoms of kidney failure. To achieve this goal, we usually need to stay far away from bacon, pickle, pickled foods, sauces and barbecue foods. We may be also suggested to limit fluid intake if there is severe swelling or edema.
Thirdly, we need to be very careful about our intake of trace element like potassium, phosphorus and calcium. Kidney takes charge of maintaining balance of electrolyte, and when kidney failure is caused, large amounts of potassium and phosphorus build up in the blood, leading to hyperkalemia and hyperkalemia which may cause further health tissues. Therefore, we need to do blood test regularly, so as to regulate potassium intake and phosphorus intake timely. Kidney failure patients usually need to follow a low-potassium diet and low-phosphorus diet, which need them to avoid high potassium foods and high phosphorus foods like banana, spinach, white mushroom, avocados and cheese and so on.
If you want more diet suggestions for kidney failure, please or leave message to firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Diet
- Pre: What Is the Diet Plan for Kidney Failure
- Next: Is Fennel Bulb OK to Eat for End Stage Kidney Failure Patients
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What will Happen if Kidney Failure Patient Drinks too much Water
- Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
- Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis