Is Coriander Good for Kidney Failure Patients2013-12-19 16:20
Is coriander good for kidney failure patients? This is a question we received from a kidney failure patients. As we know, kidney failure patients should pay attention to what they eat and what they cannot eat because of their kidney damage.
Coriander is a common vegetable in our life, and it is also a natural herb which can deal with various of discomforts. Although it is healthy and useful for some people, for kidney failure patients, they may need to avoid coriander which contains high potassium.
Kidneys are two bean-shaped organs in body, and they play important roles in regulating the normal function of body. Kidneys have the functions of filtering toxins and wastes in blood, and also keep the balance of fluid and acid-base and electrolyte. With the normal function of kidneys, the electrolyte will keep balance, and kidneys can leak out the excess potassium in blood, and make the potassium level in a normal range. The normal level of potassium in body will help maintain the muscles and organs, especially the heart.
However, for kidney failure patients, their kidney function is gradually reduced which will cause the electrolyte disorder in body, and the most common symptom in electrolyte is high potassium level. Because of the kidney damage, the kidneys cannot leak out the excess potassium in blood, which will cause high potassium level.
There are some bad effects on kidney failure patients with high potassium level, such as hyperventilation, nausea and changes in pulse rate. Besides, the high potassium level will also attack the heart, or even cause death. So for kidney failure patients, they should firmly control their high potassium level.
High potassium level is a common symptom for kidney failure patients, but it doesn’t mean that all the kidney failure patients may have high potassium level. So the intake of coriander is all depending on the potassium level in kidney failure patients.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Diet
- Pre: Can People Eat Bananas with Kidney Failure
- Next: Can I Drink Coffee at Stage 4 Kidney Failure
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What will Happen if Kidney Failure Patient Drinks too much Water
- Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
- Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis