Can I Drink Coffee at Stage 4 Kidney Failure2014-01-08 01:38
Can I drink coffee at stage 4 kidney failure? As we know, for kidney failure patients, they need to pay attention to what they eat and what they drink, and a kidney-friendly diet will be helpful for them to reduce the kidney burden and protect the residual the kidney function. So they may have some questions before they eat or drink something. Coffee is a common and popular beverage among people, but for stage 4 kidney failure patients, they may not recommend to drink coffee in their daily life.
What does stage 4 kidney failure mean?
As we know, kidney failure is a common kidney disease with the kidney function gradually reduced. The kidneys have the function of filtering the bad substances and excess fluid in body, and the normal kidney function can help people to keep the balance of the whole body. Once the kidneys are damaged, they will fail to work, and patients will suffer from some serious symptoms and complications. For stage 4 kidney failure patients, their kidneys have been damaged severely, and the kidneys lose most of their functions. In this condition, patients need to pay attention to their daily diet, or they may increase the progression if their kidney failure.
Why stage 4 kidney failure patients should not drink coffee?
Coffee is a good beverage for people, as coffee contains caffeine, which can help people to refresh themselves, and make them energetic during the day work. Besides, coffee also contains fat, protein, carbohydrate, inorganic salt and vitamin, which are also good for people. However, for stage 4 kidney failure patients, they are not recommended to drink coffee. Because the caffeine in coffee will passing through liver and kidneys, which will not be good for kidney function recovery and the metabolites produced by coffee will also cause the kidney burden. Besides, drinking coffee will also cause some other problems for stage 4 kidney failure patients, such as sleep disorder, cardiovascular disease, damaging the immune system and aggravating the kidney problems. Therefore, stage 4 kidney failure patients should avoid drinking coffee in their daily life.
Above are the reasons why stage 4 kidney failure patients should not drink coffee. They should also make a kidney-friendly diet depending on their illness condition, and the diet plays an important role in slowing down the progression of the kidney failure. If you want to get a detailed diet plan for yourself, you can send your test reports to kidney-treatment @hotmail.com. We are always here to help you.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Diet
- Pre: Is Coriander Good for Kidney Failure Patients
- Next: Can People Eat Fruits with Stage 4 Kidney Failure
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What will Happen if Kidney Failure Patient Drinks too much Water
- Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
- Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis