Can People Eat Fruits with Stage 4 Kidney Failure2014-01-10 05:33
Can people eat fruits with stage 4 kidney failure? Stage 4 kidney failure refers to the kidney function has been reduced severely. In this condition, if patients don’t have prompt and effective treatments to remedy their kidney disease, they will quickly get end stage kidney failure. And they will finally lose all their function, and live on dialysis or wait a kidney transplant.
So for stage 4 kidney failure patients, they should have effective treatments timely, in addition, they should also pay attention to what they can eat, and what they cant eat, and keep a kidney-friendly diet. We often recommend kidney disease patients should eat more vegetables and fruits, which contain numerous nutrition and vitamins. However, can people eat fruits with stage 4 kidney failure? The answer is depending on people’s condition. Stage 4 kidney failure patients can eat fruits, but not all the fruits are suitable for stage 4 kidney disease patients.
Fruits high in potassium
Potassium is a essential nutrient which can help maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in body, but too much potassium in blood will cause people suffer from some serious symptoms such as nausea, muscle weakness, fatigue, heart problems or even death. So for stage 4 kidney failure patients, they often have high potassium level because of the kidney damage, so they should limit their potassium intake. They should eat some fruits which contain no or less potassium, such as banana, peaches, nectarines, kiwi fruits, avocados and dried coconut.
Fruits high in phosphorus
Phosphorus also plays an important role in body, which can help regulate the calcium, strong bones and teeth and make ATP a molecule which provides energy to our cells. But dor stage 4 kidney failure patients, they often have high phosphorus level, so they should limit their phosphorus level. Because too much phosphorus intake will increase the kidney stress, lead the calcium absorption and cause some other serious symptoms. Fruits high in phosphorus contain dries kaki, dried jujube, dried fig, dried banana and so on.
So for stage 4 kidney failure patients, they should avoid these fruits high in potassium and high in phosphorus. They can take some fruits high in vitamins, which can boost the immune system and good for kidney failure patients.
If you want to find a detailed fruits lists on your condition, you can send your test report to email@example.com. We are always glad to help you.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Diet
- Pre: Can I Drink Coffee at Stage 4 Kidney Failure
- Next: Can I Drink Green Tea With Chronic Kidney Failure
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What will Happen if Kidney Failure Patient Drinks too much Water
- Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
- Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis