Can I Drink Green Tea With Chronic Kidney Failure2014-02-10 06:01
Nowadays, lots of people like to drink tea in their daily life, which have many benefits for people’s health, and it can also help protect the kidney function if people drink in a moderation. However, for chronic kidney failure patients, they need to take care of what they eat and drink, which can help them reduce the kidney burden and protect the residual kidney function. So they need to know exactly whether they can drink green tea with chronic kidney failure.
In general, patients with chronic kidney failure can take green tea if they are in a mild illness condition, and the green tea will be beneficial for their illness. Since green tea contains caffeine which can help stimulate kidneys and improve the glomerular filtration rate (GFR), and this will help kidney failure patients filter more toxins and wastes in blood, which can help protect the residual kidney function. Besides, caffeine can also help excrete excess lactic acid, which can help relieve fatigue for kidney failure patients.
In addition, the green tea contains tea polyphenols which can help discharge the fat in body, and this will lower the high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels, which can help reduce the high risk of cardiovascular disease. In this condition, drinking green tea will be helpful for chronic kidney failure patients.
From above, we can know that green tea will be helpful for chronic kidney failure patients, but drinking green tea will not be suitable for all the kidney failure patients. For patients with serious kidney damages, they are not recommended to drink large amount of green tea, because the caffeine will affect the sleep quality which will make patients more serious. Besides, too much caffeine intake will also cause heart problems and high blood pressure, all these will be bad for kidney failure patients.
So whether chronic kidney failure patients can drink green tea is all depending on their own illness condition, so they should first get the permission of their doctors.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Diet
- Pre: Can People Eat Fruits with Stage 4 Kidney Failure
- Next: Diet Recommendations for Stage 5 Kidney Failure without Dialysis
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What will Happen if Kidney Failure Patient Drinks too much Water
- Why People with Kidney Failure should Control the Intake of Potassium
- Are Some Proteins Better than Others for Kidney Failure Patient
- Is Curry Powder Safe for Dialysis Patient
- How much Fluid for Stage 4 Kidney Failure with Diabetes
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis