Plasmapheresis: New Choice for Lupus Nephritis2014-01-16 02:09
Lupus nephritis is the kidney damage caused by systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), which is a immune disease. And the lupus nephritis is the minor glomerular abnormalities, which may cause the kidney dysfunction. In this article, we will introduce a new treatment for lupus nephritis, which is plasmapheresis.
In general, the treatments for lupus nephritis are immunosuppressor and hormone, but the use of immunosuppressor and hormone will cause some side effects on patients. Therefore, the lupus nephritis are more likely to choose Chinese therapies, which have less side effects on patients, and the Chinese therapies will help patients to remedy their kidney damage and regulate the whole body.
Besides drug therapy, for some severe case of lupus nephritis such as severe hyperplastic lupus nephritis patients, they are recommended to use plasmapheresis, which is a new technology for lupus nephritis. Plasmapheresis is a new blood purification technic developed in recent years, which can remove the blood from lupus nephritis patients. And through membrane plasma separation methods, the plasma in patients can be leaked out from the whole blood. Then equal amount of displacement liquid such as fresh frozen plasma or human serum albumin will supply into the blood.
Through the plasmapheresis, it can help lupus nephritis patients to clear out the metabolic toxins and pathogenic factors. Different from the hemodialysis, hemofiltration and hemoperfusion, plasmapheresis can help clear out the medium and small molecular metabolic toxins, besides, it can also help clear out the large molecules such as proteins and immune complex material. Meanwhile, plasmapheresis can also help supply the necessary substances such as albumin and blood coagulation factor for lupus nephritis patients.
The common used plasmapheresis can also be divided into single membrane and double membrane. The single membrane plasmapheresis in treatment has no choice to leak out most of the blood components such as red blood cells, white blood cells and blood platelets. And after the treatment, patients need to supply large amount of albumin or fresh frozen plasms, and single membrane plasmapheresis can easily cause infections and anaphylaxis. Compared with single membrane plasmapheresis, double membrane plasmapheresis can help patients to retain most of the blood, patients only need to supply equal amount of displacement liquid, which is more safe for lupus nephritis patients.
The new choice of treatment for lupus nephritis will benefit more and more patients, and make all the lupus nephritis patients to have a good prognosis and prolong their life expectancy.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Lupus Nephritis Treatment
- Pre: Lupus Nephritis: What should Patients do with 35% Kidney Function and Loss of Appetite
- Next: Lupus Nephritis and Ammonia Smell
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Is There an Alternative Treatment for One with Lupus Nephritis
- What are the Alternative Treatments for Lupus Nephritis Patients with Itching
- Can Lupus Nephritis Patients Survive Without Kidney Transplant
- What Treatment is Effective for Treating Lupus Nephritis
- Lupus Nephritis Patient Should Pay Attention to High Blood Pressure
- Lupus Nephritis Diagnosis
- Lupus Nephritis Basic
- Lupus Nephritis Symptoms
- Lupus Nephritis Treatment
- Lupus Nephritis Diet
- Lupus Nephritis Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis