What can we expect when my grandmother has stage 3-4 CKD2013-12-13 15:00
What can we expect when my grandmother has stage 3-4 CKD? This is a question we received from a patient’s grandson, and he wanted to know more detailed treatment informations about CKD stage 3-4. Here, our nephrologist give him some constructive suggestions which will help the patients who are in the same or similar conditions.
As we know, CKD is shorted for chronic kidney disease, which is a common kidney disease. People with CKD have gradually reduced kidney function, and they may experience more and more serious symptoms and complications. When CKD develop into end stage kidney failure, people will have bad life expectancy. The early prevention and treatment will increase the life expectancy.
Depending on the glomerular filtration rate (GFR), CKD can be divided into 5 stages. In stage 3, the GFR is 30-59 ml/min/1.73m2, and the GFR is 15-29 ml/min/1.73m2 in stage 4. When people has stage 3-4 stage, their kidney function is from moderately reduced to severely reduced. In this condition, people may suffer from some obvious symptoms, such as proteinuria, blood urine, high blood pressure, edema and anemia. Beside, people may also have the symptoms like nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fatigue etc.
If people don’t have effective treatment to control their symptoms and keep a well-planed diet, they may develop into end stage kidney failure quickly. Then, they need to live depending on dialysis or wait for a kidney transplant. Their life expectancy will be awful.
However, if people in stage 3-4 CKD have seasonable and effective treatment, they will have a good prognosis about their illness. Because, in stage 3-4, people still have enough kidney function to wok, and through effective treatment, they have great chances to improve their kidney function to stage 3 or even better. They also need to keep a well-planed diet, because a scientific diet will reduce the kidney burden and protect the residual kidney function.
If stage 3-4 CKD patients want to have good life expectancy to their illness, effective treatment are necessary for them. We recommend them to try Chinese medicine to remedy their kidney disease. As Chinese medicines have no side effects on patients and it can help patients to repair their damaged kidney tissues and improve their kidney function, which will remedy the kidney disease fundamentally and prolong the life expectancy with kidney disease.
From the above, we can know that effective treatment and proper diet have great effects on CKD stage 3-4 patients’ life expectancy. We hope all the kidney disease patients can receive the best treatment for their kidney diseases, and reduce their distress.
- Tag: CKD Prognosis
- Pre: Is Stage 3 Renal Parenchymal Disease Serious
- Next: What is the Life Expectancy of Stage 3 CKD with Hypertension
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Stage 4 Kidney Disease with 26% Kidney Function Can I Live Like a Normal Person
- What Stage the Kidney Disease is in If Creatinine is 1.5 and GFR is 34
- Life Expectancy for Patients with Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease
- Can People Live a Normal Life with Only One Kidney
- Maximum Life Expectancy with Creatinine 7.9 without Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis