What is Enlarged Kidney and What are the Symptoms of It2015-02-06 16:14
Some of the kidney disease patients will suffer enlarged kidney, but not all of them know clear about it, the following contents will help you know more about.
What is Enlarged Kidney ?
Enlarged kidney means the kidney is abnormally larger than the normal size. For patients who are tested out kidney enlargement, it is more likely to indicate some severe underlying causes. If you happens to have this problem, follow me to find out its symptoms, causes, treatment and diet.
What Are the Symptoms of Enlarged Kidney ?
Patients may don’t notice that they have enlarged kidney until symptoms occur. These symptoms include pain during urination, back pain, changes in urination and swelling.
Burning pain during urination can be a sign of urinary tract infection that can cause enlarged kidneys. The pain may occur near the pelvis, over the bladder or near the lower part of the abdomen. A rapid swelling in kidney may cause pain originating in the lower back or radiating out from the abdomen.
As the enlarged kidney can’t process fluids properly, the fluids will retain in our body, occurring the symptom of swelling. It often occurs in the ankles, abdomen, lower back and face. As the symptom is mild, it often ignored by patients.
3.Changes in Urination
Since kidney can’t handle intake and retention of fluids, patients feel the need to urinate more often. Frequent urination during the night often signals the early stages of kidney disease. Blood in the urine is another symptom that directs doctors to check out the patient for enlarged kidneys.
Many diseases can induce enlarged kidney. Besides the above reason, heart failure, advanced liver disease also can cause kidney enlargement, so patients need to make clear of their underlying disease and receive timely treatment.
If you have other questions or need any help in treating enlarged kidney, do not hesitant to contact our online doctor or leave message to us, we will try our best to help you.
- Tag: CKD Symptoms Enlarged kidney What is Enlarged Kidney and What are the Symptoms of It
- Pre: Constipation in Kidney Disease What are the Causes and How to Treat It
- Next: What are the Symptoms of Kidney Shrinkage and How to Treat It
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis