The Reasons and Treatment of Kidney Atrophy2016-12-29 13:54
Renal atrophy has a close relationship with the change in renal function, so it can predict the pathological changes of kidneys. Then, what are the reasons of kidney atrophy and how to treat it?
An infection in a kidney can cause a kidney shrink. Normally kidney infections do not cause permanent damage to a kidney, or leave a small scarred area in the kidney. Occasionally, a severe kidney infection such as acute pyelonephritis can damage the kidneys so much and kidneys becomes small. This is a common reason causing kidney shrinks. In general, when chronic kidney disease develops renal insufficiency, especially Renal Failure or Uremia, kidneys have been damaged severely, renal parenchyma will be damaged and kidneys will shrink. Also, congenital renal agenesis can cause kidney shrink.
How to treat kidney atrophy?
As to the treatment, surgical removal of a small kidney is often performed, but not always necessary. If a small kidney is causing no problems there is no need to remove it. If the kidney is causing pain or recurrent infection, or is suspected to be a cause of high blood pressure, removal may be indicated. In addition to the surgical removal, for some people with small kidney who are not suitable to get the surgery, Chinese herbal medicines can also be another treatment option. They can help enhance kidney function through improving the condition of kidneys, in that case, people with small kidney can also live a nearly normal life.
If you want to know more details about those Chinese Herbal Medicines or want to control kidney atrophy well, you can send email to us or leave message below, we will try our best to help you.
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tag: CKD Symptoms Kidney Atrophy
- Pre: How Dangerous does Creatinine 4.7 in Kidney Disease
- Next: How to Treat Constipation in Advanced Stage of CKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis