How to Control BUN in Kidney Disease2017-01-16 15:12
Normally, BUN ranges from 9-20mg/dl for healthy adults, and it usually won’t be higher than this value until more than 50% of kidney function is lost, but it also may be affected by other factors.
What is the normal value of BUN?
From the above, we can know that, in general, BUN ranges from 9-20mg/dl for healthy adults, and it usually won’t be higher than this value until more than 50% of kidney function is lost. Besides, dehydration, diabetic acidosis, severe infections, etc, can also cause elevated BUN level. So, once the BUN level goes high, you should make further diagnosis and treatment timely.
How to control blood urea in kidney disease?
As blood urea has a close link with both protein metabolism and kidneys, the treatments should begin with these aspects.
1. Correct the intake of protein: If kidneys can’t do their work properly, extra protein will increase the workload on kidneys. On the contrary, lack of protein may lead to malnutrition. Under this circumstance, it is necessary to restrict the amount of protein intake to 0.6-0.8g/kg every day. What’s more, high-quality protein is more helpful to lower blood urea level.
2. Supplement enough calories: This can reduce the consumption of protein in the body. Generally, it is suitable to take in 30Kca/Kg of calories every day.
3. Increase kidney filtration rate: For different patients, detailed treatments should be different. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, Immunotherapy, polluted blood therapy, etc, are chose according to patients’ condition.
If you have other questions about the treatment of kidney disease, you can send email to us or leave message below, we will try our best to help you.
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tag: Kidney Disease CKD Symptoms BUN
- Pre: How to Treat Constipation in Advanced Stage of CKD
- Next: Protein Leakage in Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis