Can Diabetic Nephropathy Cause Protein in Urine2013-12-17 09:25
Diabetic nephropathy is a common kidney disease which is caused by long years uncontrolled diabetes. As the development of diabetic nephropathy, patients may suffer from some obvious symptoms and complications. Then, can diabetic nephropathy cause protein in urine?
The answer is yes. However, what can cause protein in urine for diabetic nephropathy?
As we know, kidneys have the function of filtering the wastes and toxins in blood and the kidneys can also keep the nutrients like protein from leaking out. And this function is usually worked by glomerular filtration membrane.
For diabetic nephropathy patients, their long-term high blood sugar may cause the damage of glomerular filtration membrane, which will cause the kidney damage and the kidneys will fail to work well. Then the protein will leak out from the damaged glomerular filtration membrane. This is why diabetic nephropathy patients will have protein in their urine.
When the kidney is healthy, and it can work well, there is no protein in urine, or less than 150mg/24h. For diabetic nephropathy patients, if their proteinuria is not controlled well, they may have large amount of protein in urine, which is more than 3.5g/24h. If the proteinuria last for a long time and it cannot be controlled, it will increase the damage of kidneys. So people need to have effective treatment to control this symptom of proteinuria.
How to eliminate the proteinuria in diabetic nephropathy?
Keep low-protein intake
In order to remit this symptom, patients should limit the protein intake, which will reduce the loss of protein in urine. However, protein is a necessary nutrition for our body, so patients should also supply enough protein for the body. Therefore, patients are recommended to take some high quality foods such as lean meat, fish, egg white and milk.
Control the high blood sugar firmly
From the above, we can know that a long-term of high blood sugar will damage the glomerular filtration membrane, which will increase the kidney damage. So patients should have effective treatment to control the high blood sugar.
This therapy has the function of expending blood vessels, anti-inflammation, anti-coagulation, and providing nutrients for the impaired kidneys. Through this therapy, the symptom of protein in urine will obviously remit. In addition, the therapy can also repair the kidney damage, which will improve the kidney function.
All these will be helpful for diabetic nephropathy patients who have proteinuria. If you are unfortunately suffering from this condition, and you have some other questions, we are always here to help you.
- Tag: Diabetic Nephropathy Symptoms
- Pre: What are the Bad Effects of Hypertension in Diabetic Nephropathy
- Next: What are the Common Symptoms for People with Diabetes
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Creatinine 5.8 in Diabetes Is It High
- How to Relieve Symptoms of Nausea and Vomiting in Diabetic Nephropathy
- What are the Causes and Treatment of Insomnia in Diabetic Nephropathy
- Protein in Urine Means What for Diabetic Nephropathy Patient
- Nausea in Diabetes and Kidney Disease What is the Reason and How to Treat It
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Diabetic Nephropathy Causes
- Diabetic Nephropathy Symptoms
- Diabetic Nephropathy Treatment
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diet
- Diabetic Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis