When to Diagnose Hypertensive Nephropathy2013-09-02 17:14
Now, high blood pressure has been the second leading cause of Chronic Kidney Disease. We call kidney disease due to hypertension Hypertensive Nephropathy. In the early stage, it is easy to be ignored. Thus, when people are diagnosed with Hypertensive Nephropathy, their kidney disease usually has developed into advanced stage. Having an early diagnosis is good for people with Hypertensive Nephropathy.
When to diagnose Hypertensive Nephropathy?
1. If you have a long-term history of hypertension, you should pay attention to this disease. This is because for people with high blood pressure, they are usually suffering from kidney disease when they are 40-50 years old and have high blood pressure for 5 to 10 years.
2. If you find that you go to urinate frequently at night, but you do not drink much water before sleeping, you need to be on the alert. As kidneys have the function to filter blood, kidney can absorb most of the fluid and only a little water is discharged out of the body as urine. But when kidney is impaired, it can not absorb water, which is expelled out as the form of urine. This is why you go to urine frequently.
3. If you find you have foamy urine, and the foam does not disappear for a long time, you need to go to hospital to check your urine. This is because when kidney is impaired, protein can leak into urine, leading to foamy urine.
4. If you have swelling in lower limbs, feet and face especially around eyelid, you need to pay much attention to it. Many factors can cause swelling, like kidney disease, liver disease, heart disease and so on.
5. If your blood pressure keeps on increasing, and you feel headache, dizziness, short breath, etc, you have to go to hospital to get a series of examinations. High blood pressure can cause kidney disease, and kidney disease can also cause high blood pressure.
If you meet one or more situation the above mentioned, you have to go to hospital to take a urine test, blood test, imaging test or renal biopsy. These tests can diagnose what disease you have. The earlier to diagnose it and get treatment, the better your condition will be.
- Pre: None
- Next: Kidney Function is 14% with Hypertensive Kidney Disease What to Do
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- I Have Creatinine of 5.4 in Hypertensive Kidney Disease What to Do
- 7.3 Creatinine Level with Hypertensive Kidney Disease Do I Need Dialysis
- BUN of 70 and Creatinine 6 in Hypertensive Kidney Disease
- 7.5 Creatinine in Hypertensive Kidney Disease Is It Dangerous
- Hypertensive Kidney Disease and Creatinine 7 without Dialysis
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Causes
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Symptoms
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Treatment
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Diet
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis