How to Stop the Vomiting for End Stage Kidney Failure Patients2014-01-05 07:38
How to stop the vomiting for end stage kidney failure patients? As we know, nausea and vomiting are common causes for end stage kidney failure patients, which annoyed most of the patients. The vomiting will reduce the appetite of patients, and make them unable to supply enough nutrition for their body, which will make them more sick. In order to have treatment to stop the vomiting for end stage kidney failure patients, we should first find the basic causes of vomiting for them.
What can cause vomiting for end stage kidney failure patients?
1. Fluid retention in lung
For kidney disease patients, they often have the symptom of swelling, and when the swelling occurs in lung, it will cause vomiting for end stage kidney failure patients.
2. High blood urea nitrogen (BUN) level
When people get end stage kidney failure, their kidney function have been reduced very severely, and the damaged kidney function cant remove the excess BUN from blood, which will cause high BUN level. In this condition, people will also get vomiting.
Acidosis is also a common symptom for end stage kidney failure patients, because the kidneys fail to work normally, which will cause vomiting.
4. Sides affects of western medicines
Vomiting can also be a side-effects for patients when they take some western medicine to treat their illness.
5. High potassium level
The failed kidney function cant filter the excess potassium in blood, when patients suffer from high potassium level, they will have vomiting.
How to stop the vomiting for end stage kidney failure patients?
As the vomiting causes for end stage kidney failure patients are different from case to case, so the treatment will be different as well. We should first find the basic cause, then have the right treatment to stop the vomiting.
1. If the vomiting is caused by fluid retention in lung, patients need to have dialysis to remove the excess fluids in the body, because the long-term fluid retention will cause more serious conditions. When the excess fluid are removed, patients should have treatment to improve the kidney function, which will help relieve the swelling.
2. If the vomiting is caused by the side-effects of using medicines, patients should tell their doctors to have a adjustment or substitute.
3. The other causes of vomiting is mainly because of the kidney damage, so patients should have treatments to repair the kidney damage and improve the kidney function, which will help stop the vomiting fundamentally.
In this condition, we recommend to use Chinese medicines to stop their vomiting, as Chinese medicines have less side effects, and have the function of repair the kidney damage and improve the kidney function. If you want to get more detailed treatments for vomiting and kidney damage, you can ask the experts online. We are 24 hours online to help you.
- Pre: Blood Purification for End Stage Kidney Failure Patients
- Next: Home Remedies for Feet Swelling in Kidney Failure