Is it Safe to Eat Apples and Pears with Skin for PKD Patients2013-12-20 16:37
Is it safe to eat apples and pears with skin for PKD? As we know, for kidney disease patients, they should stick a kidney-friendly diet, which will be helpful in reducing the kidney burden and protecting the residual kidney function. So PKD patients should also keep a healthy diet in their daily life.
Apples and pears are common and popular all over the world, but for PKD patients, no matter what they eat, they should consider it before. If the foods are not good for their kidneys, they should avoid. Then, can PKD patients eat apples and pears with skin? The answer is yes. They are safe to eat apples and pears with skin. But this answer is not suitable for all the PKD patients, they should take them depending on their illness.
We often recommend kidney disease patients to take some vegetables and fruits in their daily life, as fruits and vegetables contain numerous nutrition and elements, which will benefit the kidney patients. But not all the vegetables and fruits are good for kidney disease patients, they should choose the right foods depending on their illness condition.
Apples are rich in carbohydrate, and most are sugar. Apples also contain vitamin C, vitamin B1, fibers, and some other elements. The skin of apples are also helpful for people, as they are rich in fiber, which will be helpful for digestion, and most of the vitamin C are in the skin.
Pears contain lots of protein, fat, sugar, fiber, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and vitamin B1,B2.C. The pear skin also contain vitamin C, iron, and zinc. All these substances are good for PKD patients. And the pear skin is also a beneficial herb.
However, if PKD patients have the symptom of high phosphorus level and swelling, they should avoid eat pears, as pears are high in phosphorus which is 130mg/100g. And pears are high in fluid, which will aggravate the symptom of swelling.
Above are the benefits of eating apples and pears with skin, so PKD patients can take them safely. However, before they eat apples and pears with skin, they should clean them carefully with water, or they should soke them in salt water for at least 30 minutes, as there may be some pesticides on the surface of the skin. PKD patients should always be careful for what they eat. They can ask the advices of their doctors to get a kidney-friendly diet list depending on their illness condition, which will be helpful for them.
- Tag: PKD Diet
- Pre: Can Polycystic Kidney Disease Patients Drink Coffee
- Next: Can PKD Patients Eat Eggs with Kidney Stones
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis