What Are the Symptoms of PKD2013-09-07 18:45
Characterized with numerous kidney cysts, Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) affects many patients’ life quality. With the growth of kidney cysts, more and more kidneys tissues are replaced. As a result, many symptoms will occur in patients with PKD.
Most of patient’s symptoms are connected with the expansion of renal cyst. The sizes and quantity of cysts will increase over time. This makes patient’s kidneys become bigger and bigger. In the end stage, the kidneys may fill the whole enterocoelia.
Pain in back
This symptom is the most common symptom of patients with PKD. Patients often have sense of pressure or dull pain around their kidneys, and sharp pain may also appear sometimes. The pain may increase after patients taking physical activity, sitting for long time, etc, and the pain can relive after patient lying in bed.
About half patients will have blood urine, and some are visible hematuria. This is caused by the rupture of kidney cyst, kidney stone or urinary tract infections. If there is too much blood leaking out, blood clots may form, and patient may feel painful when the blood clots flow through ureter.
Most PKD patients have hypertension before the creatinine level increasing, and this is because the cysts’ pression makes kidney excrete more renin. On the other hand, hypertension can also promote the progression of PKD.
Because cysts can damage kidney function, damages on glomeruli and on renal tubules both can make patients have protein urine.
Patients with this disease will have renal insufficiency sooner or later, and some cases may occur in teenager. Most patients would not have renal insufficiency before forty years old, and about half patients will have renal insufficiency when they are sixty years old.
The symptoms above are not complete, and different patients may have their special symptoms. However, these symptoms are the most common ones.
In the end, if you have any dout or any question, you can contact us, and we are willing to help you.
- Pre: None
- Next: Causes and Treatment for Hematuria In PKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Are The Symptoms Of Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Hot Flashes in PKD: How to Deal with It
- What are the Causes of Bad Smell of Urine in PKD
- How to Treat Urine Incontinence Caused by Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Lower Back Pain in Polycystic Kidney Disease What are the Causes and How to Treat It
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis