Causes and Treatment for Hematuria In PKD2013-09-10 14:28
Hemautira is also commonly called blood urine which is one of the visible symptoms of PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease). In medicine, there are two types of hematuria: Microscopic Hematuria and Gross Hematuria. For microscopic hematuria, the diagnosis of it needs microscope. Whereas, gross hematuria is visible as in case of gross hematuria, urine presents as red, tea-colored or dark-orange.
Since hematuria is a common symptom of PKD, here we will mainly introduce how PKD cause it and how to treat hematuria in PKD.
Causes of hematuria in PKD
PKD patients may experience hematuria or blood urine due to different factors and the followings are the most common causes for hematuria in PKD:
1. Rupture of kidney cyst: Kidney cyst ruptures easily when it enlarges to a certain size and it may rupture due to mild knock on kidney location. Blood urine caused by rupture of kidney cyst disappears naturally within one week.
2. Kidney stone: Kidney stone is one of the common complications of PKD. When an individual with PKD is affected by kidney stone, he runs a high risk for hematuria, as stone may stock in kidney and cause kidney damages.
Treatment for hematuria in PKD
In cases of PKD, treatment for hematuria depends on its cause. Generally speaking, blood urine or hematuria caused by rupture of kidney cyst in outer part of kidney disappears within one week. Under such a condition, shrinking kidney cyst is the key point to prevent the further rupture of kidney cyst. However, if hematuria occurs due to the burst of large cyst inside of the kidney, patients need to be alert about peritonitis which occurs easily when cystic fluid flow into enterocoelia. Besides, once peritonitis is caused, surgery is urgently needed to deal with this condition.
For hematuria caused by kidney stone, the best method is to deal with stone in kidney. As for the treatment for kidney stone, Chinese medicine is highly recommended. Chinese medicine has history more than 5000 years and it has been proven to be able to dissolve kidney stone easily in clinic. Only when kidney stone is passed or treated effectively, can hematuria be relieved or prevented from the root.
Lastly, for PKD patients, they also experience many other symptoms like back pain, foamy urine and high blood pressure, apart from hematuria. If you are interested in learning how to deal with these symptoms effectively, please leave us message directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Are The Symptoms Of Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Hot Flashes in PKD: How to Deal with It
- What are the Causes of Bad Smell of Urine in PKD
- How to Treat Urine Incontinence Caused by Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Lower Back Pain in Polycystic Kidney Disease What are the Causes and How to Treat It
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis