The Common Treatments of PKD2013-09-08 09:27
PKD is a kind of genetic kidney disease. So far there is no certain therapy that can cure this disease, so the treatments aim at easing patients’ symptoms or shrinking kidney cysts. Here, there are several common treatments for Polycystic Kidney Disease.
The treatment of hypertension
Hypertension is a common symptom of PKD patients, and controlling hypertension can help improve patients’ prognosis. The common medicines of treating hypertension are ACEI, captopril, enalapril, and so on. ACEI may be the most common medicine that is used to treat hypertension, and captopril can have an effect rapidly.
The prevention of urinary tract infection and renal calculus
Patient with PKD is easy to have urinary tract infection, and this often cause acute pyelonephritis, which can aggravate patient’s condition hugely. So measures should be taken actively in the prevention of urinary tract infection.
The occurrence rate of renal calculus is about 20% in patients with PKD, and renal calculus can cause urinary tract obstruction, pain in kidneys, blood urine and aggravate the damage of kidney. It is also an important ingredient which can cause infection. Drinking water and often urinating is an effective method to prevent renal calculus.
The treatment of bleeding in the cyst
Biggish calculus can cause urinary tract obstruction, which may lead to blood urine, and this condition can be solved by operation. If patient have continuous gross hematuria, this can be treated by apro-tinin and desmopressin acetate, and if necessary, embolization of renal artery may be considered.
Pathological changes often have been in terminal stage when patient has obvious symptoms, and operation should be taken to treat the disease in this time, which can have relatively satisfactory effect.
The substitutive therapy of kidney
This includes dialysis and kidney transplant. Severe patient may need this, and this is a common therapy in treating patient in terminal stage, which can help patient prolong his lifetime.
These are the therapies that are usually used in PKD treatment. Certainly, which therapy is appropriate is decided by patient’s individual condition. In the end, if you have any confusion, you can contact our online experts, and we must give you a detailed answer.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Pre: None
- Next: Natural Treatment for PKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Do Remedies Exist for One with PKD to Avoid Transplant
- Creatinine 6.5 with Hypertension: How to Enhance Renal Function for One with Polycystic Nephropathy
- Are There Any Effective Methods for Polycystic Nephropathy Patients with Protein Urine
- Creatinine 7.8 with Bigger Kidney: How to Reduce to a normal level for One With Polycystic Nephropathy
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis