What Are the Symptoms of Stage 3 CKD2013-09-19 14:13
What are the symptoms of stage 3 CKD? We know kidneys are essential for a healthy life and when kidneys are injured, various discomforts or symptoms will appear. Well then, what symptoms will stage 3 CKD patients experience?
What are the symptoms of stage 3 CKD?
The CKD patients of stage 3 may have changes on the amount of urine; especially have the symptoms of nocturia, high blood pressure and anemia. Because damaged kidneys are unable to expel the waste materials and fluid in the bodies, they will have the symptoms of nausea, vomit, poor appetite, edema, hypertension, headache, anemia, wheeze, and even skeletal lesions etc. If the disease is not effectively controlled, it will develop into stage 5: uremia. With completely failed kidneys, dialysis and kidney transplant will become the only two treatments.
What to do to prevent the deterioration of illness with stage 3 CKD?
Patients of CKD stage 3 must be treated in time. Kidney is the source of life. If the illness is left uncontrolled, the result is unexpected. Now the combining treatment method of western medicine with traditional Chinese medicine can control the development of disease fundamentally. It is important to control blood pressure because it would be of great help to the treatment of proteinuria.
Besides, to receive satisfactory treatment effects, CKD stage 3 patients also need to follow a few diet principles: having a diet of high quality protein, low-salt, low phosphorus, low animal fats, low potassium but high-calorie.
1. Having high quality protein of high biological potency. These foods including: eggs, lean and milk etc. They should account for more than 60%. P.S.: the content of high quality protein: 1 egg white≈6g proteins, 50g lean meat≈10g proteins, 100g milk≈3g proteins.
2. Low-salt: for the swelling patient, water and sodium intake should be based on the swelling degree, the quantity of urine, daily changes of weight, the content of serum sodium ions, blood pressure, and heart and lung function. These standards are formulated by the doctor.
3. Low animal fats: we advocate the CKD patients to use the plant oils of polyunsaturated fatty acid and fish oil etc.
4. Low potassium: for the stage 3 CKD, the patients of high potassium tendency should have low potassium diet, to prevent the bad, life-threatening influence on the nerve and muscle system, or even the heart.
For CKD stage 3 patients, only with a comprehensive treatment, can illness condition be controlled well and also can all the symptoms be relieved from the root.
- Tag: CKD Symptoms
- Pre: Symptoms of CKD in 5 Stages
- Next: How to Remove Protein in Urine with Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis