High Blood Pressure with Chronic Kidney Disease2015-06-17 10:20
High blood pressure is very common in our daily life, and most of people know that long-terms of high blood pressure can lead to kidney disease. But do you know that the kidney disease also can induce high blood pressure ?
Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against blood vessel walls as the heart pumps out blood, and high blood pressure, also called hypertension, is an increase in the amount of force that blood places on blood vessels as it moves through the body. Factors that can increase this force include higher blood volume due to extra fluid in the blood and blood vessels that are narrow, stiff, or clogged.
How does high blood pressure affect the kidneys ?
High blood pressure can damage blood vessels in the kidneys, reducing their ability to work properly. When the force of blood flow is high, blood vessels stretch so blood flows more easily. Eventually, this stretching scars and weakens blood vessels throughout the body, including those in the kidneys.
If the kidneys’ blood vessels are damaged, they may stop removing wastes and extra fluid from the body. Extra fluid in the blood vessels may then raise blood pressure even more, creating a dangerous cycle.
How to lower the damage caused by high blood pressure in kidney disease ?
The best way to reduce the damage caused by high blood pressure is to take steps to lower blood pressure. These steps include a combination of medication and lifestyle changes, such as
maintaining a healthy weight
No matter what the cause of the kidney disease, high blood pressure can increase damage to the kidneys. So as a patient with high blood pressure, you should control it well. If you have other questions or need any help in treating kidney disease, you can leave message to us, we will try our best to help you.
- Tag: CKD Symptoms Chronic Kidney Disease High blood pressure with kidney disease
- Pre: What are the Natural Treatments for Reducing BUN in Blood
- Next: Have Dark Urine be Careful of Your Kidneys
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis