Why patients often feel nausea with chronic kidney disease2013-12-06 09:30
Chronic kidney disease is a common kidney disease among people, and some symptoms often appear with CKD such as nausea, vomiting or loss of appetite. But do you know why CKD patients feel nausea?
On the whole, CKD patients feel nausea is related to loss of protein, metabolic acidosis and kidney failure.
1. Loss of protein can make CKD patients nausea.
When people get CKD, they often have the symptom of proteinuria which means a lot of protein occurs in the urine. Loss of protein cause hypomagnesemia，which cause limb edema and even the gastrointestinal tract in the state of edema. The function of digestive tract is imbalance, so patients will feel nausea.
2. Metabolic acidosis can also cause nausea for CKD patients.
As we know, kidney has the function of filtering wastes and toxins in blood, which will keep the balance of acid-base. For CKD patients, their damaged kidney function fail to work well as normal, and some of the metabolites such as urea nitrogen, creatinine, uric acid will accumulate in the body. These harmful substances accumulate in the blood and the blood concentration is increased, which will cause the gastrointestinal stimulation symptom of nausea.
3. When CKD patients get ESRF, they may feel nausea.
When CKD patients finally develop into end stage kidney failure or uremia, the metabolites in the body will be changed. The bacteria living in the intestinal tract produce a substance called urease. Urease can make the urine decomposing ammonia. The ammonia can stimulate the gastrointestinal tract strongly, and patients will have the symptom of nausea.
From the above, we can get the reasons why patients often feel nausea with chronic kidney disease. For CKD patients, they should pay attention to any one of their symptoms and get effective treatment to control these symptoms. An early prevention and early treatment will make them prolong their life expectancy and have a good prognosis.
- Tag: Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Pre: How to Eliminate Protein from Urine
- Next: How Can Chronic Kidney Disease Cause Infertility
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis