Some Edema Symptoms May Show Your Damage In Kidney Or Other Organs2018-10-26 10:05
Some persons are often confused when they find their swelling of eyelids in the morning,is it possible to show you have kidney problems? As a kidney doctor i want to share you some information beneficial to your condition as following:
Edema is a condition caused by excessive accumulation of water in the space between body tissues and swelling of the tissues. Edema often occurs in the face, lower limbs and so on. If you stay in bed for a long time, the sacrococcygeal part is also easy to appear.
Edema is called hydrops if it occurs in the body cavity, and commonly includes hydrothorax and hydroabdomen.
It is very simple to check whether you have edema. Take the lower limb as an example, press the skin in front of the shin of the lower leg. If the skin is sunken and cannot bounce up quickly, it means that the lower limb has edema. Edema is often a manifestation of heart, liver, kidney and endocrine system diseases in the whole body, mostly caused by systemic factors.
Common ones are:
1. Cardiogenic edema, mostly caused by right heart failure, usually occurs first in the medial malleolus and is more obvious after movement and generally symmetrical.
2. Nephrogenic edema is mostly caused by various nephritis, nephropathy and other diseases. Patients often get up in the morning to find eyelid and facial edema, and then develop into edema of the whole body, often accompanied by hematuria, foam urine and so on.
3. Malnutrition edema caused by chronic gastrointestinal diseases and liver diseases is often accompanied by emaciation. Edema usually starts from the foot and spreads all over the body. In addition, there are hepatogenic edema and drug-induced edema.
Besides systemic factors, thrombophlebitis, local inflammation, trauma, allergy and other local factors may also lead to edema. In short, the vast majority of edema is caused by diseases. Once discovered, it must be paid attention to and treated in a timely manner in a hospital.
Whatever the edema occurs you should care it seriously and consult this condition to a doctor ,and if you have any other questions aboue edema please contact us through the following:
- Tag: Edema Endocrine system Hydrops Malnutrition Edema Swelling of eyelids Excessive accumulation of water Cardiogenic edema Nephrogenic edema
- Pre: Pay Attention To The Silent Killer:Chronic Kidey Disease
- Next: Some Important Symptoms For Nephritis Patients