Can I Eat Plum If I Have Polycystic Kidney Disease2013-10-22 15:03
Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) is one disorder that needs the entire life time to fight against. Healthy eating is quite important to keep their kidney condition. Plum is commonly seen in America, Europe, China, etc. Can people with PKD eat this fruit?
At present, there is no specific medication can cure PKD from the root, since the onset of PKD is related to abnormal genes. Because of long-term progression of PKD, patients’ both physical and mental health are affected largely.
Eating plum is able to eliminate stress and fatigue. If you are tormented by long-term PKD and have stress, you can consume some plums or juice to keep a good mood. It is reported that you can alleviate your fatigue in the near future from almost five or six plums.
As kidneys are responsible for producing urine and cleansing the internal environment, diseased kidneys are more likely to cause the deposits of wastes and toxins, thus affecting patients’ appetite. Plum is proven to be effective on keeping digestive system and improving your appetite. Getting enough nutrition is able to help prevent many problems such as hair loss and bone weakness.
Different from other types of kidney disease, PKD is one condition in which there are a lot of kidney cysts. Once one kidney cyst ruptures, it leads to infection easily. Vitamin C is one antioxidant that can help boost your immunity typically. What’s more, vitamin C can help improve kidney function. Plum is one good source of vitamin C.
Additionally, plums also have many other health benefits, but eating large amounts of plums may result in some side effects. For PKD patients, the biggest disadvantage is the high content of oxalates, which may cause kidney stones.
From the above analysis, we can know if you love plum, correct consumption is very important, otherwise, you may have to avoid it.
- Tag: Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Pre: Is Broccoli Good for Polycystic Kidney Disease Patients
- Next: Can I Eat Lettuce If I Have Polycystic Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis