Why I Have Severe Back Pain with Polycystic Kidney Disease2013-09-21 11:58
Why I have severe back pain with Polycystic Kidney Disease? Several days ago, a patient asked. In medicine, back pain is the most common complain in many cases of Polycystic Kidney Disease which is a cystic kidney disorder. For some people, the pain is mild and controlled easily with over-the-counter medications. However, for some others, the pain is more severe and constant. Why is this? Why Polycystic Kidney Disease patients have severe back pain?
Polycystic Kidney Disease is a genetic kidney problem marked by increasing cysts in kidney. In the very beginning of this disease, no discomforts are caused. However, with the progress of illness, back pain appears and also it becomes more and more severe if not managed well. Generally speaking, Polycystic Kidney Disease cause back pain in the following conditions:
1. Enlarged kidney cysts
Kidney cyst enlarges over time, which will pull renal capsule and cause pain feeling. Stopping small kidney cyst from enlarging and shrinking enlarged kidney cysts are very important for effectively relieving back pain.
2. Rupture of kidney cyst
In Polycystic Kidney Disease, kidney cyst becomes bigger and bigger over time. When cysts become extremely large, they rupture easily. Rupture of kidney cyst will cause back pain as well. Besides, in such a condition, back pain is always accompanied by blood urine which usually disappears within one week.
3. Kidney infection
If not managed well, kidney infection will be caused when big kidney cysts rupture. Kidney infection is another cause of lower back pain.
4. Kidney stone
Kidney stone and urinary tract infection are common complications of Polycystic Kidney Disease. For small kidney stones, they can be passes easily; however, for big kidney stones, they may get stuck in any part of kidney or ureter. With kidney stone, Polycystic Kidney Disease patients also run a high risk for back pain.
The above are the several possible causes for Polycystic Kidney Disease patients to experience back pain. Although pain feeling in kidney may appear due to different conditions, but for Polycystic Kidney Disease patients, all these conditions are caused by enlarged and increasing kidney cysts. Therefore, only when kidney cysts are shrunk effectively, can these conditions be avoided and also can symptom of back pain be alleviated radically. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a herbal treatment which has been proven to be able to shrink cysts in kidney. If you are interested in this treatment and want to learn more about it, please feel free to contact us: email@example.com.
- Tag: PKD Symptoms
- Pre: Numb Nerves in Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Next: What Causes Side Pain in PKD Patients
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Are The Symptoms Of Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Hot Flashes in PKD: How to Deal with It
- What are the Causes of Bad Smell of Urine in PKD
- How to Treat Urine Incontinence Caused by Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Lower Back Pain in Polycystic Kidney Disease What are the Causes and How to Treat It
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis