How to Treat Stubborn Hypertension for PKD2013-10-23 16:00
Hypertension, usually as the first symptom of PKD, perplexes many patients. Sometimes, their hypertension can be controlled by correct medication and low-sodium diet, but most patients suffer from stubborn hypertension. Today, we mainly talk about how to treat stubborn hypertension for Polycystic Kidney Disease.
How does PKD cause hypertension?
Polycystic Kidney Disease occurs as a result of the abnormal proliferation of renal tubular epithelial cells. With expansion of PKD renal cysts, they will affect kidney filtration function and regulation function so that hypertension happens in early-stage PKD.
If left uncontrolled, floated hypertension can accelerate the progression of PKD developing to kidney failure by causing further kidney damage. To manage hypertension, doctors usually prescribe two or more types of anti-hypertension medications so as to reduce side effects of these medications. Therefore, most PKD patients are quite familiar with ACEI, ARBs, calcium channel blockers, diuretics, etc. When these medicines fail to work, we call it stubborn hypertension.
How to treat stubborn hypertension for PKD?
As hypertension in PKD is due to fluid and sodium retention in blood vessels and low kidney function, the treatment should include two aspects:
- Dilate blood vessels: This step can help improve blood circulation and reduce the pressure on vascular walls. Also, it is able to increase blood flow to transport more blood and oxygen to kidney functioning cells.
- Protect kidney function: Usually, it indicates only a part of your renal tissues are damaged by enlarged kidney cysts when hypertension just happens. This is the best time to protect kidney function and drain PKD renal cysts. If kidneys can regulate blood pressure again, patients can get rid of stubborn hypertension completely.
Here, we can’t make a personalized treatment plan for you in detail, because the illness condition changes from person to person. If you want to get a detailed treatment plan, you can leave your condition description or test report in the below form, kidney doctors here will reply you after analyzing carefully.
- Tag: Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Pre: What Causes Side Pain in PKD Patients
- Next: How Can I Stop Having Pain on My Sides Caused by PKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Are The Symptoms Of Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Hot Flashes in PKD: How to Deal with It
- What are the Causes of Bad Smell of Urine in PKD
- How to Treat Urine Incontinence Caused by Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Lower Back Pain in Polycystic Kidney Disease What are the Causes and How to Treat It
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis