Can Renal Cortical Cyst Cause Pain in Loin Area and Back2013-11-24 10:54
Can renal cortical cyst cause pain in loin area and back? For people with kidney problems, both loin pain and back pain usually originates from the kidney. However, whether they are associated with renal cortical cyst depends on patients’ illness condition.
If the cortical cyst in kidneys is small and intact, the answer is no.
Kidney is great organ that can help accommodate up to five small kidney cysts without any problem. If the patient only has one or two renal cortical cysts that are still small, these cysts usually don’t cause pain in loin area or back. In this case, renal cortical cyst may be due to other conditions including kidney stone and urinary tract infections.
If the cortical cyst is large, the answer may be yes.
Pain in loin area and back is one common symptom of large kidney cyst. Even though kidneys have the capacity of loading sac-fluid cysts, their capacity is limited. If the cyst becomes bigger than 3 or 4cm, it will oppress kidney tissues and surrounding organs. Then, the stretching tension can cause pain in loin area or back directly.
Besides, the rupture of renal cortical cyst may be another reason for loin pain or back pain.
With the expansion of cortical cyst, the pressure from the surrounding tissues or any knock on kidney area may lead to the rupture of kidney cyst, resulting in sharp and sudden pain around kidney area. In view of this, if you are tested out kidney cyst, avoiding strenuous exercise is very necessary.
Since the answer changes from case to case, cortical cyst patients with pain in loin area and back should firstly make clear whether their pain is due to their cyst. Then, choose effective and correct treatment option with doctors’ guidance.
- Tag: Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Pre: How Can I Stop Having Pain on My Sides Caused by PKD
- Next: What are the Symptoms of Ruptured Cyst in PKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Are The Symptoms Of Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Hot Flashes in PKD: How to Deal with It
- What are the Causes of Bad Smell of Urine in PKD
- How to Treat Urine Incontinence Caused by Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Lower Back Pain in Polycystic Kidney Disease What are the Causes and How to Treat It
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis