What are the Symptoms of Ruptured Cyst in PKD2013-11-24 15:37
What are the symptoms of ruptured cyst in PKD? Cystic kidney disease is the fluid filled sacs located in the kidneys. There is a common cystic kidney disease which is polycystic kidney disease (PKD). Polycystic kidney disease is a genetic kidney disease, and the exist of these cysts are harmful to kidney function. As the continue enlargement of cysts, it may cause some obvious symptoms and complications. It also can reduce the amount of functioning kidney tissue. When the cyst becomes larger, rupture of these cysts may occur frequently. Well then, what are the symptoms of ruptured cyst in PKD?
Rupture of the cysts may cause mild to severe symptoms and complications. The common symptoms include:
1.Blood in urine
Blood in the urine, which is also called hematuria, is the most common symptom of ruptured cysts in PKD. There are tiny blood vessels in the kidney cyst walls. Then if the cyst rupture occurs, the blood will flow out in the urine. Therefore, there may be blood in the urine. Usually, the blood urine caused by cyst rupture lasts for one week.
Kidney cyst can easily cause pain with the enlargement of it. Because the cyst is located on the external of kidney, and when it enlarges, it will press against other structures in the body, so people will feel painful when they have PKD. The enlargement of kidney cyst will cause rupture easily, and the rupture cysts can cause pain in the back, sides, abdomen and hips. There is also another reason that can cause pain, it is infection. If the fluid in the cysts is infected, and once the cyst rupture occurs, the infection may spread to other areas of the body. People may feel painful in the infected parts, and they may also have the symptom of fever.
In rare cases, people may have serious symptoms with the ruptured cyst in PKD. These severe symptoms, such as sepsis and hemorrhage, need immediate medical treatment. Sepsis is a system inflammatory response which is one way of body to defeat the infection. The sepsis can reduce the blood flow to the vital organs, but it also will damage the organs or even lead to failure.
From the above, we know the symptoms of ruptured cyst in PKD. Then, if you are diagnosed with PKD, and you are suffering from some of these symptoms, you may experience cyst rupture. You need to go to the hospital to have accurate tests and have effective treatment to control your illness condition.
- Tag: PKD Symptoms
- Pre: Can Renal Cortical Cyst Cause Pain in Loin Area and Back
- Next: How to Deal with the Big Belly Caused by PKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Are The Symptoms Of Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Hot Flashes in PKD: How to Deal with It
- What are the Causes of Bad Smell of Urine in PKD
- How to Treat Urine Incontinence Caused by Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Lower Back Pain in Polycystic Kidney Disease What are the Causes and How to Treat It
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis