What Elevates Blood Pressure for Polycystic Kidney Disease Patients2014-02-15 06:57
For polycystic kidney disease (PKD) patients, they often have the symptom of high blood pressure, which may cause further damage to kidneys. In order to reduce the blood pressure, PKD patients need to know what elevates blood pressure for polycystic kidney disease patients.
Causes of high blood pressure for PKD
Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a genetic kidney disease with numerous cysts on kidneys, and cysts will be enlarged with the time going. When the kidney cysts are enlarged, they will oppress the tissues around and stimulate kidneys to produce renin, which will cause elevated blood pressure. Besides, the enlarged kidney cysts will cause further damage to kidneys, and kidney function will be reduced, which cant regulate the blood pressure any more.
In this aspect, we can find that the enlarged kidney cysts and reduced kidney function can cause elevated blood pressure, in addition, the unwell controlled high blood pressure can also cause further damage to kidneys.
Treatment for high blood pressure of PKD
PKD patients with high blood pressure should have effective treatments to control it and prevent the further damage to kidneys. Here are some treatments which can help lower high blood pressure.
- Sodium and potassium can help regulate the blood pressure, PKD patients should limit their salt and sodium intake in their daily life, and they should take proper amount of potassium depending on their illness condition which can also help lower high blood pressure.
- PKD patients should give up smoking and drinking alcohol, which can affect the blood pressure as well.
- Proper exercises will be helpful for PKD patients, and help lower their high blood pressure. Besides, they should avoid strenuous exercises, which may cause kidney cysts rupture.
- Patients can also take some western medicines which can help lower high blood pressure, and the common medicines include ARB inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers.
- PKD patients should have some effective treatments to help shrink the kidney cysts, because the high blood pressure is mainly caused by enlarged kidney cysts. They can take some Chinese herbal medicines which can help shrink the kidney cysts.
Above are the common treatments for PKD patients to lower their high blood pressure, if you want to get more specific treatments, you can leave a message below. We will answer you as soon as possible.
- Pre: Will Polycystic Kidney Disease Cause IBS
- Next: Why Urine Smell Like Ammonia with Polycystic Kidney Disease