Why Urine Smell Like Ammonia with Polycystic Kidney Disease2014-02-17 07:36
Many Polycystic kidney disease patients suffer from a bad urine smell just like ammonia, which makes troubles for them. Then, why urine smell like ammonia with polycystic kidney disease (PKD)? In this article, we will help PKD patients to answer this question.
PKD is a genetic kidney disease, which will make some bad symptoms and complications for them, and abnormal smell of urine is one of the common symptom among them. Here are some common cause of urine smell like ammonia with PKD.
For PKD patients, their kidney cysts are enlarged with time, so patients are always recommended to limit their fluid intake in their daily life. They may easily suffer from severe vomiting and diarrhea, which can cause dehydration. The less water and concentrated chemicals in urine will cause dark yellow and a strong odor.
2. Urinary tract infections
The kidney cysts rupture and enlarged kidney cysts will easily cause urinary tract infections, and PKD patients will have more strongly smelling urine just like ammonia.
3. Renal dysfunction
PKD patients can always suffer from renal dysfunction, which will cause the bad urine smelling like ammonia, meanwhile, patients may also combine with the symptoms of burning and painful urination, itching, chills and fever.
Above are the reasons of why PKD patients have bad urine smell like ammonia, they need to have immediate test to find the basic cause of their bad urine smell and have certain treatments to improve their illness condition. If you want to get the more detailed treatment information, you can contact with our experts online, they will free help you as soon as possible.
- Tag: PKD Symptoms
- Pre: What Elevates Blood Pressure for Polycystic Kidney Disease Patients
- Next: Can PKD Lead to Incontinence
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Are The Symptoms Of Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Hot Flashes in PKD: How to Deal with It
- What are the Causes of Bad Smell of Urine in PKD
- How to Treat Urine Incontinence Caused by Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Lower Back Pain in Polycystic Kidney Disease What are the Causes and How to Treat It
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis