Common Western Medicines for Polycystic Kidney Disease2014-01-12 02:54
What are the common western medicines for polycystic kidney disease? Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a common genetic kidney disease, which will cause patients suffer from some serious symptoms such as high blood pressure, severe pain, urinary tract infection and blood urine. If these symptoms cant be controlled effectively, they will cause further damage to the kidneys. In western countries, the doctors often recommend PKD patients to take some western medicines to control their symptoms.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure is a common symptom caused by the kidney damage, and the uncontrolled high blood pressure will cause further damage of the kidneys. The common western medicines to control high blood pressure contain angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs), calcium antagonists and diuretics.
Pain is a common symptom for PKD patients, as the cysts on kidneys will get enlarged or ruptured, which will cause severe pain in lower back or the sides. Patients can have over-the-counter medications containing acetaminophen to treat their mild pain. However, if the pain gets more severe and constant, they need to have a surgery to remove the large kidney cysts.
Urinary tract infection
PKD patients should remedy their infections effectively and promptly, which will help them prevent the complications such as blood urine and kidney stones. Patients need to use antibiotics for a long term. The common antibiotics include ciprofloxacin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, clindamycin and chloramphenicol.
Blood in urine
Blood urine for PKD patients is often caused by the cyst rupture, in this condition, the patients should drink a lot of water to increase the urination, which can help remit the blood urine. They should also a good bed rest to help decrease the bleeding. If the blood urine consists for several days, they need to go to the hospital to have a check.
Above are the common western medicines for PKD patients to help relieve their common symptoms. Although western medicines have amazing effects on relieving the symptoms, they cant repair the kidney damage, and patients will finally get kidney failure. So they should choose some effective treatments which can help repair the damaged kidney tissues and improve the kidney function. In this aspect, Chinese medicines will be a good choice. If you want to learn more about Chinese medicine, you can contact our experts online.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: PKD Treatment
- Pre: A Natural Treatment for Polycystic Kidney Disease without Surgery
- Next: Suggestions for Polycystic Kidney Disease Patients with Creatinine 6.7
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Do Remedies Exist for One with PKD to Avoid Transplant
- Creatinine 6.5 with Hypertension: How to Enhance Renal Function for One with Polycystic Nephropathy
- Are There Any Effective Methods for Polycystic Nephropathy Patients with Protein Urine
- Creatinine 7.8 with Bigger Kidney: How to Reduce to a normal level for One With Polycystic Nephropathy
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis